European Super League: proped breakaway

I would think that the top clubs will be fed up of playing against the lower teams that play with 11 men behind the ball all of the time. At least the majority of the top teams do try and play football against each other.

Crack on as far as I’m concerned. Quite how Arsenal rank as one of top 6 is beyond me. I think you will find that Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd have all played with men behind the ball as a tactic. Arsenal very successfully under George Graham. Leeds have played as much good football as any of the breakaway clubs. If they leave though, should have to return to lowest league level if it all goes belly up for them.

I can't see the top players staying with the breakaway clubs beyond their contracts or sign for one of the 12 and playing 100% committed whilst missing out on playing international football for their country at the Euros and World Cup. Would have to pay huge wages to the star players.

all you hear all year round its all for the fans were any fans consulted about this i doubt it

let them go i say & keep them out when they come running back

They just can't ban players for no good reason other than being butt hurt

would also imagine the broadcasters will have a say in this will they pull funding the EPL?

Big LOL...... you revelled in your largeness with sky's cash and the billionaires pouring unjustified sums
into your game in England, never once asking what where these people wanting out of this, the piper
now wants paying, welcome back to the real world. ;)

If it was the bottom teams of the leagues setting up a European competition everyone would laugh at them and no associations would give a f*ck. The premier league are only crying because it might take middle Eastern and Asian fan interest from the league away which could mean losing or devaluing their tv rights over there

If it was the bottom teams of the leagues setting up a European competition everyone would laugh at them and no associations would give a f*ck. The premier league are only crying because it might take middle Eastern and Asian fan interest from the league away which could mean losing or devaluing their tv rights over there

Believe me if Sky where to win the TV rights and distribution of this league they wouldn't
give a flying fluck what UEFA/FA or fans think of it.

money money money its a rich mans world :D

So there will be lots of season tickets available now from all the disgusted fans....NOT 😂😂😂

So.................,

Forming the European Super League should not affect the Premier League, unless the other 14 teams decide that it should.
The upside is currently the 4 teams that would go into the Champions League next year would be
Leicester West Ham Everton and Leeds Utd.

Surely that would be worth watching.

If the rest of the teams in the league decide to vote the other 6 teams out, how much would Sky or BT pay to televise the Premier League without Man Utd Man City Liverpool and Chelsea (also Spurs and Arsenal). ???

They made a poll and 48% of todays kids said they would be glad to see a European Super League. What they failed to ask is "Who pays your Sky Bill ?".

to the clubs that join,
Ban them from any UK trophy
Fine them £250 million each,
Throw the players out the Euro's and World Cup, African Nations and Copa America.

A bunch of forgien clueless owners who think they can drop in and rip the throat out of UK football ?. Fair to play to PSG and Bayern

I suggest they get Tom Daley and Bruno Tonioli on the half time panel. They'll have the best divers and posers in the world all under one roof.

If there's one Brucey Bonus to come out of this is, it might improve the quality of football. I can't watch it anymore, how many games do you here
"Well that wasn't the best spectacle to watch"

when they really should have said

"What a pile of sh*t that were"

to the clubs that join,
Ban them from any UK trophy ................................... Are you really sure that the other clubs want them out, it will reduce their income by about 80%
Fine them £250 million each............................................ Try to fine them anything and they will just leave and set up their own association.
Throw the players out the Euro's and World Cup, African Nations and Copa America ................................................ Again they will just organise their own world cup and they will have the better players so FIFA will lose revenue because broadcasters will want to televise the better players..

sky sports news is gonna be the best viewing we have had in months lol beats watching some of the so called big teams delivering dross on the pitch

the owners want it regardless of bad press :D

board members of said clubs & players are against it

lets see who wins

Back