Euro max2008

coolking

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have got a black euro max 2008 cable box, Which was working fine till a couple of weeks ago. The clock two dots would remain on and i was unable to turn the box on to view any channels.
After a bit of huntting around i was advise that the power board was faulty which i purchased but it made not differance to the box.
I then did some digging around on various sites on the net and came to know that Jtag could be the solution. Once i got hold of instuctions on how to jtag the box it started to work, however for some strange reason when ever the box is left off for more then 5min it returns to the state of having the two dot come on in the clock display.
Any advise would be great. Thanks in advance

Regards

Coolking

have you done a factory reset and put the latest

UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_BLACK_18_04_08 software on

Thank you for your reply, but i am still having no joy. I have cleared the box by shorting the two pins (that is a factory reset i take it )then i have reloaded the UFL_MaxV_Kuro3 file on to the box. It works fine but when i turn the box off and leave it for a couple of minutes it goes back to the dormient state it was in earlier. Any other ideas would be appreciated. This is happening on two different boxes

you say its happening on two different boxes,both at your place ?.
this is odd, I would jtag again,I think it is a bad flash,did you use jkeys or skymax to load the file.

The Starman

Last edited:
Yes it is happening on two different boxes and they are both at my place. I first start up the conection using skymax and once connection is ok then i run Jkeys. After that I reboot the box and it will work as long as it is turned on, but as soon as i turn the power off and when i turn on the box it seems as if it has lost all settings. It goes back to having the two dots come on in the clock display.

ok,so because you use the skymax and jkeys method,I take it you have the intel chip. is this correct ?.

Sounds like because its happening to both boxes it has more chance to do with the flash file you are using ,where did you get the file from.?

And are you the loading the latest UFL fie via the null modem (serial port) like Kuro_3_update_fix.

The Starman

I am not sure about the chip type. Is it the lage chip in the centre of the board as this is label as OMEGA STi 5518BQC .
I got the file from AWSATELLITES it came on a cd when i order the JTAG board. I am using the the lasted UFL fie via the null modem. The file that i am using is Kuro Image v3 finaly release 18-04-08

Thanks

coolking

this UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_BLACK_18_04_08 software loads itself you dont need any uploader sounds like youve been messing around with your box and making things harder for your self.

Im lost too helping you as i dont know where you are at the minute with your box but ive done a few of these boxes and all you do is attach them to your pc with a rs cable and click on the kuro file it runs its self and your done

I think your going the long and hard way around your problem good luck though im glad i ive never had to open one ive bought

Ignore the above ive read your post properly and i see youve had power problems and jtag etc ill shut up as ive havent a clue about this stuff sorry lol

Last edited:
you have the ST chip then.
You do not need to use jkeys with the ST chip. connect your jtag run skymax
make sure the box is on!then do the following

1. select the 2 meg
2. click on `START` (connect)
3. When it is connected to the box,click `erase`.
3.when erased, click on `Write`
4. select the file to load to the box then press ok.

it will take about 10 to 15 mins to load.

then reload your Kuro file back on to box via the null modem/serial cable.
see if that is any different.

The Starman

I connceted the box up and ran skymax with the setting you suggested. But when it comes to load files do i load the JKey file ?

I tried this and it is still doing the same thing . Works once it is rebooted but if you switch the box off it goes back into the dead state of havind two dots on the clock.

You load the TSOP file for chip it will be 2008 tsop for the black box,then ok.
I have just done two of these yesterday.you are definately doing something wrong.

The Starman

I agree with starman
ive flashed & fitted a lot of these boxes & have never heard of this problem
but i have only used the ufl software which if you can use this
if this doesnt do anything have the boxes been in storage for any amount of time or been unplugged for a while because it could be if it has some sort of battery for the memory it may just be flat
try leaving it on for a while see if it charges anything up
im only guessing at it having a battery but it does sound like a memory problem or
have you ever deleted all the channels from your boxes i always delete all the channels when i rescan
could it be possible your memorys full on your box
hope you have got it working by now just trying to help

Back