ERRO1: No CA found!

In desperate need of help guys please! I was told by somebody that the max232 chip might be faulty and to replace it. Does this make sense.

I have looked at my dreambox and I have a max3232 cse1125 chip and then I have found another component laying around which has a max 3232 cse1108. Can I replace the dreambox chip with the other chip that I have found. They are both 16 pin and from what I can see, both are used on the rs232 connection on both boards. I really hope this might help. I can also upload photos if you like to show you that the board is in new condition with out any visible fuses blown. Also I have tried 3 different serial to usb cables with the null modem, I have also tried an old pc with the null modem only and no luck. I would really love to get to the bottom of this problem!

sorry mate no idea if that will help or not

but guessing you may as well try it cos summit aint right with it

would be good to see a recovery never seen the likes before

sorry mate no idea if that will help or not

but guessing you may as well try it cos summit aint right with it

would be good to see a recovery never seen the likes before

Problem fixed! I did as I was told and replaced the max232 with an extra that I have and then used Optiflasher to fix no ca and imediatly the box was found! Soo glad that it worked! After all the problem was the max3223! Anybody with the same problem and no success on this matter just replace the max232 chip, The U17 and all will be brought back to life!

Last edited:
Problem fixed! I did as I was told and replaced the max232 with an extra that I have and then used Optiflasher to fix no ca and imediatly the box was found! Soo glad that it worked! After all the problem was the max232! Anybody with the same problem and no success on this matter just replace the max232 chip, The U17 and all will be brought back to life!

Fantastic m8,you must have thought you were going mad at one stage lol

Pics would be good m8 if you can,but dont worry about it :)

result mate

well done for that

Yeah, was doing my head in! Glad the problem is solved. I\ll upload some pics for future reference! Thanks again guys, Seems this one took some time but finally managed to solve it

1658.jpg

This here was an easy to follow diagram with the schematics for the dreambox dm800hd box. I removed the max3223 chip from an old ck3 pro that I had laying around and replaced the dreambox chip. This solved the lan light problem as well as sorted the communication out between the box and the PC both with hyperterminal and dreamup within seconds! Only things needed for this repair are soldering skills as well as a max3223 chip with 16 pins or some boxes are different so read the chip under U17 on the motherboard and replace it, problem solved

Last edited:
hello i have just tried the first part of what you said i get file to big press ok and spent 15min doing it over and over still could not get in is nand file same as dream box image
thanks for any help

hello i have just tried the first part of what you said i get file to big press ok and spent 15min doing it over and over still could not get in is nand file same as dream box image
thanks for any help

lost.?Would like to help but i think i am missing something.

Back