ERRO1: No CA found!

Julez101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a dreambox dm800hd and earlier today I tried to write a new image using the web browser. It was unsuccessful because it returned an error that the image was invalid or old. I then read up that in order to fix that I was to flash a newer bootloader via Null Modem. I tried connecting the null modem and using dreamup and wasn't able to connect. I then for some stupid reason decided to try flashing the new bootloader directly to the box using the web browser and after rebooting I received the above message. I have been searching for help all day and i am having no luck.

I have tried many dreamup versions including sunray, Dreamup patched, 1.3.3.2 etc etc etc and not one of them seem to work. I have tried the same null cable on a old dreambox I had laying around and it connects no problem. All I want is to be able to flash an image onto the box in order to get it working once again. Would a jtag be possible. There is not much online that has helped the problem today so as a last resort I turn to my trusted friends here at digitalworldz!

Thanks in advance

Hi,
What Sim card have you got in the receiver?
Which bootlaoder was there previously
Which image was there previously?

Ok I have DM800 11544 SIM210 sim card from what I can tell when opening the box.
The bootloader previously was bootloader with the number 82 is all I can remember when going onto web interface while it worked
And the previous Image before the error was Gemini Image and not sure of the revision.

Thanks for the quick response Abu!

With a Sim2.10, you can flash SSL84B. There is a selection of images in the download section. Download the clone images.

Try Flashing bootloader using IE and see if it works. If it fails, flash using null modem cable.

Reboot and go back into stop mode.
Flash using Internet Explorer.
If image does not have bootloader included, flash bootloader before rebooting.

Thanks mate but I have tried many times to get the box to show via web browser as well as with the serial to usb cable that I have used on numerous other dreamboxes without hassle yet still the problem persists. I have tried opening the box on web browser, I have tried booting using the power button but after 2 seconds the error shows up on the display of the box. I have also tried the serial cable with loads of software and doesnt seem to work. I also changed the port on the usb to serial cable which is prolific to port 1 and no luck. I have been searching for a dreambox jtag tutorial as to bypass the serial connection and flash directly to the box. No idea on where to go from here

I am very familiar with the jtag process on many other devices and jtagging the box shouldn't be much of a problem I think. Yes the cable is null modem and I have used it on dm600pvr with success before attempting to try it on the dm800hd. I will try the link now and give it a try with the tool. Have already used the software today but not sure if it was for the dm800hd.

I tried the software to the link you gave me and no success. I think it is either the serial cable or the points on the serial connection on the box that might be reversed as I have read on many other forums. Settings for null modem usb to serial are as follows:

Bits Per Second=57600
Data Bits=8
Parity=none
Stop Bits=1
Flow Control=None

Also I have made the default port, Port 1 on my laptopn and have also tried using the PC instead.
Thanks again for the help mate and about that sticky, I agree with ya, Some useful material there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me,

I have a prolific usb to serial cable as well as a null modem cable both bought together as an item from Sony online. They are of top quality, I made sure of that after purchasing a cheap cable previously that gave me hassle 24/7

So in short I am using option B, No modded cables, All fully functional

Forgive me,

I have a prolific usb to serial cable as well as a null modem cable both bought together as an item from Sony online. They are of top quality, I made sure of that after purchasing a cheap cable previously that gave me hassle 24/7

So in short I am using option B, No modded cables, All fully functional

drivers for computer

it is hard to get usb to serial cable to work can you get xp pc or laptop with rs232 on it and use Dreambox NO CA FOUND Repair Tool

Thanks AJ but could you be a little more specific? My drivers at the moment are ''Prolific USB to Serial Port''. I downloaded the driver for windows vista, I am running windows 7. Also used the same cable and laptop with installed drivers on 2 other boxes today and it worked well on both

it is hard to get usb to serial cable to work can you get xp pc or laptop with rs232 on it and use Dreambox NO CA FOUND Repair Tool

Yeah bobby, Have a few laptops laying around. I will grab one and throw windows xp on there. Tell me, does the Dreambox NO CA FOUND Repair Tool only work with windows xp? Do you think it might be unhappy with the windows 7 64bit set up?

Thanks bobby! I tried it now but still no luck, same problem! As soon as I plug the box in after clicking connect on dreamup it takes about 2 seconds until it jumps to the no CA Erro1... no response from dreamup, hangs on connect power to box

Yes mate, Tried patched version and did not work. Doesn't connect when switching the box on. Also tried the tool and a couple others. Same result

Yes mate, Tried patched version and did not work. Doesn't connect when switching the box on. Also tried the tool and a couple others. Same result

Hi mate i found this if its any help.also do you have Ethernet cable from box to your router?when i had the same problem i used null modem cable with usb adapter for computer usb port and a Ethernet from box to router.i am running win 7 and i used dreamup patched i was at it for days till i stuck a Ethernet connection from box to router
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/219317/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey AJ
Thanks for the help but still have the same problem. The lan lights on the box stay lit even though the lan cable is unplugged. I have been trying dreamup with the lan cable for some time and still no luck. Even accessed the router to see what IPs are connected and no dreambox shows. I have tried numerous methods without any luck. Would really like to get to the bottom of this problem asap. One thing though, When I used the patched version and I use enforcer I then select a file to flash the box with but a get an error ''file too big'' Thought maybe enforcer would force the upload but again no luck. Your help is appreciated bro

Back