Epson Stylus printer problem. Please help!

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just changed black ink cartridge in my Epson Stylus but it won't print/it's 'printing' blank pages. However, it shows on he display that the cartridge is full. I've cleaned the heads and done a nozzle diagnosis. No problems apparently. I've also tried a different cartridge; the same problem. I'm using refills, but I've not had this problem before and I've been using refills since I bought the printer several months back. Any ideas?Is it likely the refill cartridge? (Just seems odd how it is showing a full cartridge, suggesting the printer hasn't rejected it) I desperately need to print a doc off ASAP!!!

Many thanks as always.

I have an Epson Stylus 640.....bought s/hand years ago.. dont use it much and rarely use colour.. use cheap refills with no problems and when the black needed changing on a couple of occassions I had to replace the colour refill as well to get it to print. Thought this worth a mention.

Had probs with my epson stylus d88 printer a few weeks back,kept on getting "please refill ink" even though the inks were all full,found out on a search on the net its a known problem when using compatible cartridges even though this is the first time ive had this,i had to take out all the inks and put the printer on,an error comes up as the printer cant find the ink so i had to switch off the printer put all the inks back in and voila the printer recognized the inks and all was well :) Had no probs since

i have a epson 265 and use Continuous Ink supply System . they are excellent . and ive had no trouble with it for at least 3 years ..

Managed to get it sorted chaps. Took 8 'head' cleans and a good shake of the black cartridge. Maybe refill ink is unusually thick?! Can't see any other explanation for why it took 8 cleans!
Cheers

Back