epg location reverts back to internal flash

The package is probably failing as it and it's checksum is not listed in the system package list. I posted how to get around this problem a while back, I'll see if I can find the post.

What I would do is install CrossEPG from the download stream i.e. one that is listed/approved, then unpack the package that Rat has uploaded to a temp folder and then copy over the files to their respective folders.

I've been busy and haven't looked at this but as I said earlier I know that the version of CrossEPG on ViX is modded, I meant to compare the files to the version that's on general release but haven't got round to it but I am now on holiday, yay :) so will look into this over the next few days.

Am also peeved that it's now been 6+ months and the author of CrossEPG hasn't accepted/rejected the later changes I made, they definitely fix the random failure to download/process the epg data.

I'm using Vix 2.4-151 so will take a look and post.

Modded files for Vu Duo runing Vix 2.4-151

Here are the modded files for the Duo. I have to emphasise that I've compared and modded the files from ViX 2.4-151 so can't say for sure if later images have changed or updated the files, so always make a backup copy of any files that will be over written.

Instructions are the same, unzip the 3 files on your PC and then FTP them over to the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG, delete the existing crossepg_auto.pyo, crossepg_loader.pyo and crossepg_setup.pyo and then restart the box. After the restart if you look back in the above folder you should hopefully see that the .pyo file you deleted have been recreated.

It's then a case of sitting back and waiting. :)

I've never bothered to make these changes to my box but as I've now done the files have so will also be monitoring them. I do know that roughly after a month on my box the EPG data would stop loading until I restarted the box, so these changes should hopefully fix that. :)

Attachments

• CrossEPG-ViX.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Rat
well done mate :) your a credit to the forum

rep added

yes thanks mate, but i like blackhole images, not really keen on vix images...so ill just let it download onto my hard drive on the vu+duo, ill just use the usb for loading the picons only....as for the solo, ill try a different usb stick....cheers

yes thanks mate, but i like blackhole images, not really keen on vix images...so ill just let it download onto my hard drive on the vu+duo, ill just use the usb for loading the picons only....as for the solo, ill try a different usb stick....cheers

If you upload the 3 files that you have/are using in BH then I'll take a look and mod as required.

ok..dont know how to attach them here, cant see option, but uploaded them HERE

The files are exactly the same as those that I used to use with my old DM 800SE but I've done a 3 way compare just to be sure and edited the actual files you uploaded.

Whereas the ViX image had some of the changes I had made, the BH files you uploaded had none of them, so they must still be using an old build of CrossEPG.

Install instructions are the same as for ViX above.

Attachments

• CrossEPG-BH.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 4
thanks mate ftpd them over into the crossepg plugin folder, deleted associated .pyos....rebooted.....it created the .pyo files,date and timestamp read...01/01/1970 00:00...

Normally, it would be todays date and current time but it looks like the box hadn't updated the date/time from the transponder when it recompiled the .py files.

good stuff. I dont think i've seen the CrossEPG issues on my Duo. Definitley have them on my on 800SE clone though I notice evry few days the box is has come out of standby and is running when I wake up in the morning, because it's reverted to storing EPG in internal flash run out of memory crashed and rebooted itself. It's quite annoying ! I havent had a chance to apply the fixed files I will have a play over the xmas break.
Good work IAmATeaf !

Not really botherd. About duo as I can use the internal hardrive ...It's the solo I'm concerned about to be honest.

i installed blackhole 2.0.1 working fine so far...onto usb stick..

Back