EPG Listings on the TM600

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All...!!

I am under the impression the TM600 is a lot more capable than I am giving credit for and would like some pointers as to how to get the best from the EPG. Is there a plugin for the box which I could install to get a better on that I currently have as that seems a bit flakey (currently using the standard now and next type)

Any info is appreciated - thanks!

press blue button twice, go to addons, install weekepg3.2

to access it press the yellow button, then the coloured button for channels, highlight the channel you want the epg for and press ok

it downloads the data directly from the satellite stream

is there anyway to get the data it downloads from satellite into the "multi EPG" on the technomate EPG button, with the horizontal listings ?

Great thanks for this.... I notice you cant filter by your own faves - is this the case or do I need to congfigure it?

Thanks

is there anyway to get the data it downloads from satellite into the "multi EPG" on the technomate EPG button, with the horizontal listings ?

Is there an answer to this, would be nice to get now and next working on ALL channels at the very least on the EPG?

Is there an answer to this, would be nice to get now and next working on ALL channels at the very least on the EPG?

the now/next info is generally broadcast in the datastream for the channel you recieve, its only the epg thats seperate data

if you rescan the satellite, you may find that some channels are duplicated, one of the duplicate channels 'should' contain the now/next data if the one saved in your list doesnt show it

not meaning to be ignorant, forgive me if it comes across that way, but why is it not possible to have an epg like sky's on a tm or a dreambox, the sky epg has been a world leader i reckon since it was launched.... its been around forever... (seems like that anyhow) why is it so difficult to duplicate it, or even make one similar such as the freesat one for example...

the sky epg data has been cracked for a while now, its possible to read it using various plugins / images and get up to 13 days of listings

the hard bit is that the data is in such a format to make it very compatible with sky boxes firmware, which auto has boquets or favourite lists (press tv giude on sky remote, all chans, movies, sports, etc) you then pick the boquet you want and it then lists the channels and the listings.

on my DM800 i have the nabilosat BH image, this has epg software built in, so i press and hold the info button, then choose my boquet and its similar to a sky guide

each channel has to be individually mapped for the epg data, this then transfered to a plugin config file (most of its done for you) then your boquets setup on your receiver to how you want them, the epg software configured, your receivers skin setup so its easy to navigate, then youll be 3/4 of the way there

but itll probably never be as good as the sly guide as its not a sly box

what quite a few people do, is use their TM/DM receivers LNB out to feed a sky box, browse the sky guide on the sky digibox, then make a channel selection on the linux box, i used to do this for quite a few years ;)

not meaning to be ignorant, forgive me if it comes across that way, but why is it not possible to have an epg like sky's on a tm or a dreambox, the sky epg has been a world leader i reckon since it was launched.... its been around forever... (seems like that anyhow) why is it so difficult to duplicate it, or even make one similar such as the freesat one for example...

as digi says enigma2 images have the epg built into them (via loadepg or crossepg they work they same way by reading the epg from the data stream and converting it to enigma format) wont work on enigma 1 boxes as these types of boxes cannot run python only e2

there has been recently a free sat epg diff added to the tuxbox cvs so e1 will get a slighlty better epg but not for all channels ;)

itl take little while for it to get into the technomate cvs though

cheers

osborne82

Thanks guys, was bugging me for a while, @digi can you post up a screen shot of a typical epg listing from your DM800.... just want to see what it looks like..

the sky epg data has been cracked for a while now, its possible to read it using various plugins / images and get up to 13 days of listings

the hard bit is that the data is in such a format to make it very compatible with sky boxes firmware, which auto has boquets or favourite lists (press tv giude on sky remote, all chans, movies, sports, etc) you then pick the boquet you want and it then lists the channels and the listings.

on my DM800 i have the nabilosat BH image, this has epg software built in, so i press and hold the info button, then choose my boquet and its similar to a sky guide

each channel has to be individually mapped for the epg data, this then transfered to a plugin config file (most of its done for you) then your boquets setup on your receiver to how you want them, the epg software configured, your receivers skin setup so its easy to navigate, then youll be 3/4 of the way there

but itll probably never be as good as the sly guide as its not a sly box

what quite a few people do, is use their TM/DM receivers LNB out to feed a sky box, browse the sky guide on the sky digibox, then make a channel selection on the linux box, i used to do this for quite a few years ;)

Excellent answer mate.

Thanks guys, was bugging me for a while, @digi can you post up a screen shot of a typical epg listing from your DM800.... just want to see what it looks like..

cut this using the laptop, its much clearer on the tv, with the picture behind it as well

Theres normally a few beer cans/sheep about mate where are they!

theyre packed away ready to go on holiday m8, i cut the pic from the OSD using the laptop as my TV has been taken off the wall for a bit of fiddling with the insides lol

thanks digi, looks good, cant wait til something like that is available on enigma 1, or can we prompt technomate manufacturers to make some changes for future model releases..

thanks digi, looks good, cant wait til something like that is available on enigma 1, or can we prompt technomate manufacturers to make some changes for future model releases..

pity technomate manufacturers cant even make there own firmware .. ;)
also small other problem is flash space,, there are a few e1 plugins you can set to read and download xml epg from like online radiotimes,, but the problem is saving the data,, on a dm500 or one these smaller tm boxes you have very limited flash space,, but if you had to add a usb stick,, or CIFS mount to a PC, im sure you could find a way around it ;)

pity technomate manufacturers cant even make there own firmware .. ;)
also small other problem is flash space,, there are a few e1 plugins you can set to read and download xml epg from like online radiotimes,, but the problem is saving the data,, on a dm500 or one these smaller tm boxes you have very limited flash space,, but if you had to add a usb stick,, or CIFS mount to a PC, im sure you could find a way around it ;)

More memory on TM500/600 than DM500/600.

Back