EPG frezing on HDR pvr

Colinhepburn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All
Ok new here so first post and just would like to say Hello to all and to let you all know that I am dyslexic so please excuse my spelling and grammar if you have trouble reading or understanding my post please don’t just ignore it reply and I will try to explain better

Now just because I have bought and new gadget I don’t always join forums about it but this is different about four months age I purchased a Humax Foxsat HDR and I have now growing to hate the thing

just the remote has to be the worst design ever record buttons are two small to ues with out having to keep looking at it but worst of all is the EPG freezing up all the time or lagging i have to keep rebooting it I am 100% wishing I never spent my money on this thing what are humax doing about it nothing i expect can thay not update the software my loaded version is U7.54 as this box is the pits

Hi All
Ok new here so first post and just would like to say Hello to all and to let you all know that I am dyslexic so please excuse my spelling and grammar if you have trouble reading or understanding my post please don’t just ignore it reply and I will try to explain better

Now just because I have bought and new gadget I don’t always join forums about it but this is different about four months age I purchased a Humax Foxsat HDR and I have now growing to hate the thing

just the remote has to be the worst design ever record buttons are two small to ues with out having to keep looking at it but worst of all is the EPG freezing up all the time or lagging i have to keep rebooting it I am 100% wishing I never spent my money on this thing what are humax doing about it nothing i expect can thay not update the software my loaded version is U7.54 as this box is the pits
A littel bit of help and advice on this problem would be of help plese

Any suggestions on why the EPG is freezing up and lagging i have only Had the thing a sort time its brand new what can i do to sort this out

Hi thanks for your welcome to the forum
Colourfully post there override;)
Ok then picture quality seem fine the unit is connected to my Zone 2 Sky Satellite Dish Quad LNB
So it just seems to be the EPG apart from this problem
If I manually record something it will stop recording before the end of the programs
Thank you for the links
I see from reading the links that this info is last year’s my software is what I took to be up to date version HPRSFCI 1.00.17 LOADED VERSION U 7.54
The work around isn’t the answer as this can be out of date on program plus I paid good money for the unit so expect it to work correctly

Last edited:
i just got a brand new humax hdr pvr,
i find that when you go onto the epg you need to give it 20 to 30 seconds to get all the program info before it works ok, EVERY TIME,
if you try and scroll up and down before it's ready it's really sluggish,
it really is annoying,

neil

i just got a brand new humax hdr pvr,
i find that when you go onto the epg you need to give it 20 to 30 seconds to get all the program info before it works ok, EVERY TIME,
if you try and scroll up and down before it's ready it's really sluggish,
it really is annoying,

neil

Try using the buffered epg instead of downloading the latest data, the info should be pretty much up to date anyhow as the info is 'trickle charged' while the box is on.
Instead of using the Guide button just press the schedule button followed by the red button.

Try using the buffered epg instead of downloading the latest data, the info should be pretty much up to date anyhow as the info is 'trickle charged' while the box is on.
Instead of using the Guide button just press the schedule button followed by the red button.

Yes I read you can do this but I did not buy the humax unit to use in this way a work around is just another way to say it don’t work I paid good money for this unit and expect it to work correctly
The way it was meant to do also a factory reset makes no difference even if you delete all the channels you don’t want
we know it’s a software issue but what can we do to get humax to sort this out something like consumers right or something contact phone numbers for humax or email addresses

Yes I read you can do this but I did not buy the humax unit to use in this way a work around is just another way to say it don’t work I paid good money for this unit and expect it to work correctly
The way it was meant to do also a factory reset makes no difference even if you delete all the channels you don’t want
we know it’s a software issue but what can we do to get humax to sort this out something like consumers right or something contact phone numbers for humax or email addresses

Send it back

Yep well it does have a free two year warranty on it a john Lewis special I suppose I can tell there to sort it out but then again it’s a software problem not a hardware one

Well last night I got a software update Application version update HPRSFCI 1.00.20 and this appears to have done jack s—t to fix the EPG is still lagging so anyone know what this software upgrade is meant to fix as nothing is any different as far as I can see

Plus nothing to do with the upgraded software but the Audio description keeps activating its self when using the box veer the SPDIF output in to my DAC there is no audio I have to select the audio description on the remote to get the sound on but this then resets the AD to enabled again in the setup screen so cant switch the AD off anyone know how to fix this as well

Well last night I got a software update Application version update HPRSFCI 1.00.20 and this appears to have done jack s—t to fix the EPG is still lagging so anyone know what this software upgrade is meant to fix as nothing is any different as far as I can see

Plus nothing to do with the upgraded software but the Audio description keeps activating its self when using the box veer the SPDIF output in to my DAC there is no audio I have to select the audio description on the remote to get the sound on but this then resets the AD to enabled again in the setup screen so cant switch the AD off anyone know how to fix this as well

I think it may help me and other s if the members on here would bother to respond to posts I am sure there are member on this forum who can help me with this problem with this piece of crap Free sat HDR Box otherwise what is the point of this forum

Back