engine idling!

Glassman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just had tracker fitted to works van and now the company says that we have to watch our engine idling! So they say that when we are in congestion on the MOTORWAY that we have to switch off our engines. Was wondering if anyone could confirm that this is illegal as i thought it was myself many thanks...

Hi all just had tracker fitted to works van and now the company says that we have to watch our engine idling! So they say that when we are in congestion on the MOTORWAY that we have to switch off our engines. Was wondering if anyone could confirm that this is illegal as i thought it was myself many thanks...

I beleive that a lot of BMW cars actually do these automatically if sitting in traffic stationery, the engine cuts out and as soon as you dip the clutch to put it in gear again the engine automatically starts again. But how are they going to now if the engine in running or not by just having a tracker fitted, does it not just feed back GPS location and speed ?

I shouldn't think it's illegal, just rather spineless. Without knowing the traffic conditions it would be next to impossible for them to interprit the data. Does this box say whether a gear is engaged or not?

Point out that it probably takes more fuel to start the engine again than it does to leave it idling.

I beleive that a lot of BMW cars actually do these automatically if sitting in traffic stationery, the engine cuts out and as soon as you dip the clutch to put it in gear again the engine automatically starts again. But how are they going to now if the engine in running or not by just having a tracker fitted, does it not just feed back GPS location and speed ?

As far as I know those pauses are intermittent, not unlike intentionally misfiring but without the fuel being injected.

As far as I know those pauses are intermittent, not unlike intentionally misfiring but without the fuel being injected.
My collegue at work has brand new BMW and the engine actually stops and then when you dip the clutch to put it in gear again it starts the engine automatically.

Thanks for prompt replies yeah all this is very spineless i know but apparently prints out all data ie idle time,distance tavelled,speeding in say 30 zones 3 speeding offences and you have a written warning, and get this one as i work otside as a aervice engineer and as you can imagine i get wet from time to time lol? they are saying that when having our dinner that we are not allowed to run the van to put the heater on. We have to have our lunch sat in the cold with wet clothes on.....

Thanks for prompt replies yeah all this is very spineless i know but apparently prints out all data ie idle time,distance tavelled,speeding in say 30 zones 3 speeding offences and you have a written warning, and get this one as i work otside as a aervice engineer and as you can imagine i get wet from time to time lol? they are saying that when having our dinner that we are not allowed to run the van to put the heater on. We have to have our lunch sat in the cold with wet clothes on.....

Who do you work for m8

Back