email notofications

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - ive got a htc desire one x with outlook installed as my email messenger...when im at home or connected to wifi i get emails as normal with notification...however when im at work and and connected via 3g i dont recieve any emails until im either connected to a wifi network or as soon as i reach home the emails start coming...checked all settings, email notifications are on...any ideas why ?..ta

does a manual sync work while on 3G ?

no mate...old hotmail was fine..but kept getting messgae to upgrade to outlook.com...which i did and started having problems..

What version of android are you running ?

I'm on 4.2.2 on a nexus 4 and outlook.com app has been a big improvement over the old app.

4.1.1 for my htc one x plus..doesnt seem to be any newer version..just checked the software update on my phone..

4.1.1 for my htc one x plus..doesnt seem to be any newer version..just checked the software update on my phone..

I can't imagine it being a problem with 4.1.1, they must of tested that combination.

I take it you do have data turned on ?

The only setting regarding networks I can see within the hotmail app is not to update while roaming.

I can't imagine it being a problem with 4.1.1, they must of tested that combination.

I take it you do have data turned on ?

The only setting regarding networks I can see within the hotmail app is not to update while roaming.
Yes..data is turned on...now I'm at work..if I send myself an email..I don't get it.until I get home and my phone connects to the WiFi..I also have never used roaming...

deleted outlook.com..used the standard mail client with android phone..seems to be working fine now, takes sometime to get mail , but works..

Back