EASY 4.2E hack now on rapid share

One of may mates had a semi brick after he installed Priiloader but he put this down to there already being two sets of channels on the wii system menu from a disc menu update from USA Wii sports resort. Seems like the dual system menu confuses priiloader. He can still access the home brew browser, neogama, configurable usb loader and bootmii as ios which is fine for still playing the games. He says he can fix this but just has to wait for the next ninty software update as he did not back up his nand with bootmii.

Thanks to the OP

worked a treat :Clap:

:Cheers:

EDIT: - just a thought is there anyway of putting this all back to the factory default?

Last edited:
EXCEPTION DCI :0x00000300 PANIC!!

Got this error at Step 6.

Step 5 would not allow me to uninstall the first 2 and the last wad.

Virgin Christmas Wii present, upgraded to 4.2e.

Have I bricked it? What do I do now? Unplug? Is there a hard reset button?

EXCEPTION DCI :0x00000300 PANIC!!

Got this error at Step 6.

Step 5 would not allow me to uninstall the first 2 and the last wad.

Virgin Christmas Wii present, upgraded to 4.2e.

Have I bricked it? What do I do now? Unplug? Is there a hard reset button?

Repeat 5 and then try 6 again
I hope you didn't turn it off or unplug it

edogg

The whole thing froze, nothing would work so I had to unplug it.

It still works though. . . was i lucky? Was this a close bricking?

The whole thing froze, nothing would work so I had to unplug it.

It still works though. . . was i lucky? Was this a close bricking?

you either brick it or don't so guess you wasn't close

what I found out on some of the stages you need to be a bit patient

when I went through 1st time and it got stuck it was becasue the previous stage didn't complete properly

re read instructions and go through again - it does work!!

just keep going back to rapidshare their servers are busy and they want new members to pay for downloads

edogg

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Brilliant. Thanx for your help early in the thread.
I have a copy o NSMB . it tries to load but screen goes green then fails back to neo. is this because it's in NTSC format or will i need neo 8

Once again thanks for this fix It works a treat.

Last edited:
Please help as I have been stuck on stage 7 for ages now and I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong.

I have restarted wii, inserted sd card, selected homebrew channel. In homebrew channel I get DOP-IOS Install and Patch any IOS and WAD MANAGER /apps/WAD-Manager_v1.5/bo <no description>.

I highlight WAD MANAGER and press A and I now get a screen that says:

WAD MANAGER Version: <unknown>
Coder: <unknown>

no description available

Delete Load Back.

Now presumably I press load (something flashes on the screen too quick to read)
I now get the Wad Manager 1.5 disclaimer so I press A to continue and then I have Select IOS version to use: <IOS249>
Press A button to continue.
Press Home to restart.

Now when I press A nothing happens and my wii remote just switches off.

Please help as I have been stuck on stage 7 for ages now and I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong.

I have restarted wii, inserted sd card, selected homebrew channel. In homebrew channel I get DOP-IOS Install and Patch any IOS and WAD MANAGER /apps/WAD-Manager_v1.5/bo <no description>.

I highlight WAD MANAGER and press A and I now get a screen that says:

WAD MANAGER Version: <unknown>
Coder: <unknown>

no description available

Delete Load Back.

Now presumably I press load (something flashes on the screen too quick to read)
I now get the Wad Manager 1.5 disclaimer so I press A to continue and then I have Select IOS version to use: <IOS249>
Press A button to continue.
Press Home to restart.

Now when I press A nothing happens and my wii remote just switches off.

hi m8 this is the what step 7 says

Step 7:

Restart the Wii and open HBC again.
This time you just want to open Wad Manager from the HBC screen (Not by pressing HOME and Bootmii)
Once open choose IOS249 when it asks what IOS to use (It will probably already be selected)

"Next choose SD Card and then install "Neo.wad", then exit."

You should now be done and have NEO gamma on your main channels page.

so are you sure you have done step 6 correctly look at the card on your computer and then check against the files in 3rar it could be you have the files in a folder rather than in the root of the card

try repeating step 6

edogg

Thanks for your speedy reply edogg. I started from scratch and this time got to step 7 only to get the error...

Mounting device, please wait....ERROR! (ret = -1).

I have seen others mention this error so I will have a look.

For everybody else stuck on step 7 please read the instructions carefully because it was my fault. When you uninstall the 4.wads although it looks as though the default is uninstall, when it takes you to the next screen you must physically change the setting to uninstall, this is where I was going wrong.

This is my step 7:

Restart wii and select HBC, in HBC click start, on the screen I now see DOP-IOS and WAD MANAGER.

I select WAD-MANAGER, click load, press A, leave the IOS version to use on : <IOS249> and press A again.

When it says select NAND emulator device I select disable and Press A, select source: <Wii SD slot> and

Press A again.

I can now scroll down to NEOR7.wad (2.21 MB) and Press A to install. It does the install and I went on to

Step 8 which was a breeze. In my channels I can now see HBC and NG (Neo Gamma R7).

Please confirm that I have just soft modded my first ever wii correctly.

Last edited:
Think you're done mate.Try and load a game now through Neogamma on disk or usb hd.Did mine recently and well worth it.

Thanks for your speedy reply edogg. Please confirm that I have just soft modded my first ever wii correctly.[/QUOTE said:
well done M8 yes you have done now!!!
you can put the configureable usbloader loader on it is just a wad you put in the wad folder of wad manager then run wad manager and select config_usbloader and also put the forwarder wad on and do the same then when you have a western digital usb hdd you are in the wii jet set

edogg

Many thanks edogg for posting the simple guide to hacking a 4.2e wii. Yes my next job is the usb loader and I'll have to wait until the Mrs goes out as she's watching criminal minds lol.

I have chipped PS2's and this wii with an argon chip that took me absolutely ages but the softmod was by far the most satisfying modification I have ever done.

Thanks also to dogtoffee and andyfuk for your replies..

On Step 5 I get [+] Mounting device, please wait... ERROR! (ret = -1)

press any button to continue...

any help? Got the same error when trying to install boot2 i think from step 2

Last edited:
Back