EASY 4.2E hack now on rapid share

Getting this all the time - Currently a lot of users are downloading files. Please try again in 2 minutes or become a Premium member

have you tried the to links from scrapyard in the post above

edogg

Need a bit help here please!

Been following this guide, and have hit a problem.

I updated to 4.2e all OK, didn't seem to have any problems there, though the old Gamma loader stayed on the channels list, is that right? I assumed that'd get fecked up during the official update?

Anyway... Got to 7 stage, and then I have problems.

When it tries to Mount card, I get an ERROR! and Ret -1 code. (IIRC)

Anybody shed any light?

Also, as a side note, during stage 6 where it loads the v14 installer, I get a third of the screen go missing and all snowy/interferance for a few seconds. Is that normal, or OK? (The writing stays visible though)

Bit worried about going any further until somebody offers any advice! Lol :)

EDIT - Can somebody clarify the Wad Manager version please? I'm wondering if this is the issue?

Last edited:
i dont know what ret 1 error is but i should try and remove the old neogamma with the wad manager.you will need the wad for that version of neogamma in the wad folder.
stage 6 the 2 i have done both screens did as yours.
the new wad manager is 1.5

edogg

you will need at least a 1gb card mate if your planning on making a copy of ur nand which i would advise you to do. and this guide is for 4.2e so it will not work on 3.2. start ur own thread mate im sure sumone will help you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is backing up nand? and how do you do it?

i dont know what ret 1 error is but i should try and remove the old neogamma with the wad manager.you will need the wad for that version of neogamma in the wad folder.
stage 6 the 2 i have done both screens did as yours.
the new wad manager is 1.5

edogg

Thanks mate, appreciate the reply.

Did a system format today out of desperation, and tried again, this time I managed to get Neo installed, so I thought I'd cracked it. But it still won't play ball, no games are playing, just get error code of 1100, or something like that. (Even games that were working on the old 3.2 and homebrew setup I was running etc.)

Any ideas on what else I should try? I thought perhaps it my new disc burns, but seeing as the old ones won't work either, I'm assuming it can't be that?

I'm not sure I'm getting stage 6 right still, but AFAICS, I'm following the guide! (?)

Also, the final stage 8 bit, I did online, as it said it wasn't on the SD, so try it online, which I did. That seemed to work fine, and I did the IOS70 thing for 4.2 as per the guide. But what's the bit about the Trucha patch thing? Can't see any mention of that on screen (in HB, or BootMii) or on the SD...?

Any advice appreciated. :proud:

EDIT - Stage 5. Is it meant to be install, or UNinstall...? (Just wondering?!)

Last edited:
I'm stuck on Stage 6 too.

It loads the Custom IOS installer 2.0 but when I press to install the IOS249 it lock the wiimotes up and have to pull the power, any ideas?

Thanks mate, appreciate the reply.

Did a system format today out of desperation, and tried again, this time I managed to get Neo installed, so I thought I'd cracked it. But it still won't play ball, no games are playing, just get error code of 1100, or something like that. (Even games that were working on the old 3.2 and homebrew setup I was running etc.)

Any ideas on what else I should try? I thought perhaps it my new disc burns, but seeing as the old ones won't work either, I'm assuming it can't be that?

I'm not sure I'm getting stage 6 right still, but AFAICS, I'm following the guide! (?)

Also, the final stage 8 bit, I did online, as it said it wasn't on the SD, so try it online, which I did. That seemed to work fine, and I did the IOS70 thing for 4.2 as per the guide. But what's the bit about the Trucha patch thing? Can't see any mention of that on screen (in HB, or BootMii) or on the SD...?

Any advice appreciated. :proud:

EDIT - Stage 5. Is it meant to be install, or UNinstall...? (Just wondering?!)

stage 6
make sure the files are unrared as separate files when the ciosrev14 installer opens select do not reload IOS by using the left or right on the remote direction cross.then choose WAD install the same way and press A.

stage 6
DOP IOS does the trucha patch with IOS70 on 4.2e

stage 5 is correct uninstall all 4 WADS

edogg

Done it now I didn't do this - When prompted to change the IOS, select "Do not reload IOS"

Does this make games bootable from Disk Channel or do you also need to install a Backup Launcher.

I have a WiiKey fitted so can't tell which is working? lol

I'm stuck on Stage 6 too.

It loads the Custom IOS installer 2.0 but when I press to install the IOS249 it lock the wiimotes up and have to pull the power, any ideas?

Step 6:

Unrar 3 to your SD Card overwriting any files.
Put the SD Card back into the Wii.
Start HBC again, press "HOME" and choose BootMii.
After around 5-10 seconds or so you will be loaded into CIOSrev14 Installer.
When prompted to change the IOS, select "Do not reload IOS"
Then choose WAD install and press A.
You now have CIOSrev 14 and are able to run backups

use the remote to select DO NOT RELOAD IOS.
then choose WAD install and press A

step 6 does NOT load IOS249 it is to install CIOSrev14 to run backups.

edogg

Step 6:

Unrar 3 to your SD Card overwriting any files.
Put the SD Card back into the Wii.
Start HBC again, press "HOME" and choose BootMii.
After around 5-10 seconds or so you will be loaded into CIOSrev14 Installer.
When prompted to change the IOS, select "Do not reload IOS"
Then choose WAD install and press A.
You now have CIOSrev 14 and are able to run backups

use the remote to select DO NOT RELOAD IOS.
then choose WAD install and press A

step 6 does NOT load IOS249 it is to install CIOSrev14 to run backups.

edogg

Yes re-read it and figured it out thanks.

OK, done this again today. Still not reading the DVD's. :(

I realised my mistake in stage 6, and corrected this.

However, I'm still getting Error Code 1101 in NeoGamma on the newly burnt games, and Error Code "n" on the old ones.

Pulling hair out now I have to say.

try changing the book type of the dvd to dvd rom when you burn the iso , cleaning the lens might help,or a different iso

those are 3 things that have been reporting error 1101 I cant find any info for error n

edogg

try changing the book type of the dvd to dvd rom when you burn the iso , cleaning the lens might help,or a different iso

those are 3 things that have been reporting error 1101 I cant find any info for error n

edogg

Thanks mate, I'll re-burn WiiFit+ and post back with the results.

You are such a darling ! Thank you so much!!! One last BIG favour!? How do I get to install "USB loader GX" on this? Thank you in advance edogg... You're my man ;-)

Greetings from Germany !

Last edited:
You are such a darling ! Thank you so much!!! One last BIG favour!? How do I get to install "USB loader GX" on this? Thank you in advance edogg... You're my man ;-)

Greetings from Germany !

hi anne just put the WAD for usbloader gx in the wad folder on the sd card with the neogamma WAD and then run WAD manager from the Home brew channel and select the usbloader gx wad , install it.
The forwarder version which runs from the sd card or the usb drive depending where you put it seems to work best.The usb drive will require a fat as well as the wbfs partition so i just run it from the sd card.
to load a game from the usb or put a new game on the usb, start the wii select the homebrew channel insert the sd card select usbloader gx,[load] when it is loaded insert the new disk it will be detected and a prompt will ask if you want to load to the usb [yes] and it will start the process about 20 mins works for original and backup games.to play the a game select it from the list or the picture if you have covers of the games on the menu.

edogg

Thanks mate, I'll re-burn WiiFit+ and post back with the results.

my wiifit+ runs perfectly on the 2 wii's i did using neogamma on a verb dvd or usb stick,and usbloadergx ,on a usb stick.

edogg

Last edited:
my wiifit+ runs perfectly on the 2 wii's i did using neogamma on a verb dvd or usb stick,and usbloadergx ,on a usb stick.

edogg

FFS, this is getting tedious now!

Two different discs burnt, still no joy. :(

WTF can I be doing wrong?!?!

Could anything be left over from the old HB setup? (Even though I went from 3.2e to 4.2e, and have done the Wii format thing twice since!?)

Should a PreLoader(?) be going on as well, and what about a NAND backup?

First time I softmodded it was a breeze, this time it's taking me days! Grrr! Lol

Also, one final question, leave SD in, or take out, once I've finished the stages?

Sorry for the moan, it's not aimed at you guys, just my damn stupidity, or luck, you choose! Lol.

Back