Earwig999's Progress Thread

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Since I started my Body Fat % has dropped from 34% to 30.6% and my BMI has gone from 35.5% to 33.9%

Ideally my Body fat should be less than 25% and my BMI between 18-25%

Heading in the right direction. Got a small pork pie as a treat today as I've been craving some of the jelly and a can of low alcohol, low calorie lager Kalibur.

Fook off you lanky lanc jock pmsl. You're supposed to take your haversack off first before you get weighed lol.
You can only dream of a body like Peter Crouch :Hit:

All this encouragement is great! ;)

LMFAO....lol.

Craig, if you are after a decent low calorie beer. Cobra do a non alcoholic one. That goes down quite well.

I have just been on my bike ride, new set of lungs please!

Well, after a bad weekend last week I have recovered the extra lb I put on.

Went to visit my Mum last weekend had chinese for tea on Friday, had fish and chips on Saturday lunch, and BBQ for Saturday tea, then had 5 pint of Worthington's on the Saturday night! At least I only gained 1 lb.

This week I have added some weights into my gym sessions, so now I am doing 3 sets of 15 reps on the leg press, chest press and bicep curl and I increased the abdominal crunch weight from 10Kg to 30Kg.

My stamina is increasing on the treadmill as I can now run for 2 minutes before coming to a fast walk, have a 1 1/2 min walk then run again.

As for swimming I might move out of the 'slow' lane with all the old folks and try the medium lane again.

This week I have lost 6 lbs bringing me down to 16 st 13 lb. First time I've been below 17 stone for ages, only another 41lbs to go.

Body Fat dropped to 30.8% and my BMI to 33.3%.

Best of luck getting in shape mate. I went from a 38 waist to a 32 and it was real tough work.

Hold on in there, I bet you've never loved food so much as when you're on a diet.

Well 8 weeks into my regime and I am 1lb off losing half of my target.

I have shed 34lbs, had a couple of weeks where I put on but managed to make up for it on the following week.

I have also kept on with the weights and my strength is increasing as well as my stamina. On the treadmill I am now walking for 1 minute, run for 2 minutes, walk for 1 minute, run for 2 minutes, walk for 1.30 mins the run for 2.30 mins. All on a 5% gradient. I can burn 180 calories on this exercise alone.

I have cut a lot of cardio out in order to do the weight but think I might need to bring in some more cardio. I only use the treadmill and cross trainer daily for 10 minutes each as well as my swimming once a week. Maybe I'll go for 1 day cardio and one day weights, like I originally planned.

I do have a pain in my lower right leg though. just above the ankle on the inside, it's right at the edge of my shin bone. It feels like a pulled muscle but has been like it for a few weeks now. I think I did it the first time on the leg press.

Anyway day off today so had a couple of slices of toast for breakfast, along with a black coffee , malted milk biscuit and a fairy cake. Lasagne for dinner and probably a couple of poached eggs for my tea.

Nice work earwig999. One thing I would suggest is to sort out what it is that is providing you with your motivation to get into better shape. If you become target obsessed you may find that as you get closer to your goal, your motivation will drop and when you do reach your target weight the motivation is completely gone which could lead you to putting it all back. Find something that is going to always be there as a motivation and you will have it cracked mate. Is there a particular food which you like which tempts you more than others when you have a weak moment? Let me know and I may be able to help.

Keep up the good work.

I do have a pain in my lower right leg though. just above the ankle on the inside, it's right at the edge of my shin bone. It feels like a pulled muscle but has been like it for a few weeks now. I think I did it the first time on the leg press...

Congrats on your great progress so far pal - keep up the good work but please be safe too - your ongoing leg pain sounds a bit concerning.

Might be wise to replace your treadmill sessions with crosstrainer sessions for a while... until the pain clears or you can get it looked at by a pro.

Treadmills can be very unforgiving on the body - particularly if you're carrying a bit of extra bodyweight.

Treadmills can be very unforgiving on the body - particularly if you're carrying a bit of extra bodyweight.

Uhhh arhhhhh... Imagine 99% of your 18 stone frame comes smashing down on your dainty ankle area when you are running. I used to get ankle pain and very, very painful shin splints... you just have to build the stength up there. You wouldn't think it but there is a form and technique to jogging, it's not just about moving your legs fast... but I don't run myself so enough of that. Also, did you know running doesn't tone your buttocks? but walking does!

I would recommend the exercise bike myself, that is my weapon of choice and do the same as you. 10 mins warm up, sprint for 1 minute, then medium pace for 2 mins, repeat that 3x (minus the 10 min warm up) and then do a 2 min warm down.

Tips for form on the bike would be to make sure the tips of your toes sit on the top / front face of the pedal (ie, it doesn't sit in the middle of your foot like most people do) and lead the motion with your heal pushing down. Back straight, bringing the the movement from your hips to your heals, keep the body centred and don't woble from side to side and most importantly, relax, don't tense up. As soon as you feel a part of you tensing up concentrate on relaxing it straight away (ie, knees, thighs, feet etc).

Back