E: wiped by accident

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the middle of softmodding an xbox somehow before I did the softmod I managed to wipe the contents of E:

Now when I go to boot the console, its comes with Error13

I could have access to a hardware modded xbox in a couple of days and I was thinking about putting the HDD in there and copying the E: from another xbox. Will this work or is there a quicker way of fixing this ?

I don't think anything important is on E: when I use xboxhdm to install a larger HDD I leave E: with only empty T n UDATA folders.

have you tried xboxhdm it has some good tools you will prob need the HDD key for locking n unlocking though.

I don't think anything important is on E: when I use xboxhdm to install a larger HDD I leave E: with only empty T n UDATA folders.

have you tried xboxhdm it has some good tools you will prob need the HDD key for locking n unlocking though.

The problem is I can't finish the softmod without the save game which are stored on the E: and I can't boot to MS Dash to copy the save game from memory stick to HDD. Bit of a catch 22 really.

The problem is I can't finish the softmod without the save game which are stored on the E: and I can't boot to MS Dash to copy the save game from memory stick to HDD. Bit of a catch 22 really.

Have you got a copy of th Eeeprom or key.txt?

Have you got a copy of th Eeeprom or key.txt?

I did a save of the Eeeprom using the utility on SID 5, but its on the hard disk of the xbox. I don't know if the default save location is C: or E:, can't get onto hard disk to check.

I'm pretty sure the default location is E:, If you've wiped that clean you could be in trouble.

you will need to read the eprom buy removing the eprom chip and reading it. once you have the eprom you can creat anew xbox hd useing xboxhdm

My mate dropped of his xbox which has a X2.6 chip fitted so I though I would swap the HDD onto his box, boot with autoinstaller DVD and then restore the E: over the network from another softmodded XBox I have (I assume that with a hard mod, the HDD does not have to be locked ?)

However I cannot get his xbox to boot from DVD. Is there a BIOS setting on the X2.6 chip telling it which drive to boot from first. Does it have to boot from HDD ?

just hot swap with computer m8 tutorial here :http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qYO7y7Xjkg

Translation needed for that one mate, but this one looked more interesting for Oneman!

Fix Xbox Error Code 21,13,16
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4FEgSjw7Rxs&feature=related[/ame]

YouTube is a marvel for this sort of thing, you don't seem to have a read a bloodything anymore! lol

My mate dropped of his xbox which has a X2.6 chip fitted so I though I would swap the HDD onto his box, boot with autoinstaller DVD and then restore the E: over the network from another softmodded XBox I have (I assume that with a hard mod, the HDD does not have to be locked ?)

However I cannot get his xbox to boot from DVD. Is there a BIOS setting on the X2.6 chip telling it which drive to boot from first. Does it have to boot from HDD ?
I don't know if you know but !!!!!! with the X2.6 chip if press and hold the white button on the controller it will boot into the X2.6 bios which has all kinds of settings

I don't know if you know but !!!!!! with the X2.6 chip if press and hold the white button on the controller it will boot into the X2.6 bios which has all kinds of settings

I thought that was only X3. Yep just checked, my X3 box has the bios, my X2.6CE does not. I guess one the reasons why X3 costs more.

BTW: Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I managed to solve the issue with HDD hotswap. I was really worried about doing it but in the end took a bit of flaffing around but problem fixed.

I created a xboxhdm and put MS Dash from AutoInstall v4.10 disc into the xboxhdm C:.
Learnt how to hot swap between xbox and PC, restore the orginal dash and everything is now working fine. Extracted the epprom and used xboxhdm again to upgrade to a new 250 samsung HDD.

Back