dyns or no-ip

mapex1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I see dyns is a pay thing now...sure it was free at one time...do you think no-ip is
as good or am i better off paying the 20 odd quid for dyns.

No-ip is essentially the same...but free....I left dyn-dns once they started charging and now use no-ip without any issues :)

I also have a free account with dyn-dns. Thought they still offered them but having just looked it appears they do not :(

I used a free no-ip for a year now without any problems.. ;)

If your account expired with dyn-dns then you now have to pay. If you were lucky enough to keep the dyn-dns alive you can retain your free account....

Really?, I just signed up again before Christmas after i couldn't find my old account. Still free for me.

Isn't Dyndns still free but you have to log in once every 30 days to stay active?

If you've got a static or semi-static ip address (VM cable) then your possible better off getting yourself a free domain name from somewhere like .co.cc or my.dot.tk and then keeping it maintained yourself.

Alternatively, you can get a paid domain. Godaddy are presently giving .info domains away for around $2 for a full year.

I had problems with Dyndns so i joined no-ip. I pay them something like £5 a year and never have to log in and never have any problems

Happy New Yr all! Can someone help me please. I have set up my pc latop to have a static ip. I then opened a free account with no-ip. My qustion is when portforwarding which ip should i have used? The static ip from pc or ip from my server.

Happy New Yr all! Can someone help me please. I have set up my pc latop to have a static ip. I then opened a free account with no-ip. My qustion is when portforwarding which ip should i have used? The static ip from pc or ip from my server.

Your servers IP :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

If you've got a static or semi-static ip address (VM cable) then your possible better off getting yourself a free domain name from somewhere like .co.cc or my.dot.tk and then keeping it maintained yourself.

Alternatively, you can get a paid domain. Godaddy are presently giving .info domains away for around $2 for a full year.

If I'm thinking of the right thing, these guys will give you a free domain and host it free for a year:
Welcome to Getting British Business Online

dont know how you'd go about making it a dns changer thingymajig though.

I have two dyndns accounts, luckily kept my second one alive, I prefer dyndns because its more widely supported. cheap and nasty routers (like the one provided by sky, *rolls eyes*) will only support dyndns.

Back