DW TM800HD 18/12/10 for Jtag receivers

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
DW TM800HD 18/12/10

DW modifications

Rytek Auto EPG updater installed
Rat's boquets installed (Sky UK 28.2E 18/12/10)
Cool TV EPG installed
EPG search facility installed
EPG to timer facility installed
Spinning cogs replaced with scanner
Digidude download Ppanel
Jimux Ppanel toolkit installed
Rats channel list updater
CCcam switch installed
Improved CCcam Ppanel
CCcam.cfg reduced to only needed lines
CCcam info installed
Jimux audio player (wav files only)*
~ 1Mb more memory free compared to UR release
Numerous DW customisations

*make a directory on your hard disk to store '.wav' files.
Any directory name will do as it searches /media/ for '.wav's.
Then just load a few 'wav's, run the option to 'Find Audio Files'
(yellow button, 'ppanels', 'Music Jukebox' and you are ready to go.

Thanks to everyone involved in making these modifications possible.

Fixed green screen issue when pressing yellow button after changing skin

NEW!! quick button shortcuts

red button download softcam keys
red long press launch CCcam switch
green button open Cool EPG
green long press search EPG
yellow button Ppanels
blue button EMU / DL panel
blue long press launch CCcam info

Image resolution set to 1080i @ 50Hz
Tuner set to fixed single feed @ 28.2E

DO NOT FLASH THIS IMAGE TO A RECEIVER THAT HAS NOT BEEN JTAGGED BY TECHNOMATE. YOU RISK DAMAGING YOUR RECEIVER BEYOND REPAIR, AND MAY VOID THE WARRANTY!!

UR

This image is based on the UR image of the same release date, so also contains the same fixes and / or bugs. For me, this includes randomly missing internal HDD, a hard restart (power off/on) sorted it out.​

DW TM800HD 18/12/10

DW modifications

Rytek Auto EPG updater installed
Rat's boquets installed (Sky UK 28.2E 18/12/10)
Cool TV EPG installed
EPG search facility installed
EPG to timer facility installed
Spinning cogs replaced with scanner
Digidude download Ppanel
Jimux Ppanel toolkit installed
Rats channel list updater
CCcam switch installed
Improved CCcam Ppanel
CCcam.cfg reduced to only needed lines
CCcam info installed
Jimux audio player (wav files only)*
~ 1Mb more memory free compared to UR release
Numerous DW customisations

*make a directory on your hard disk to store '.wav' files.
Any directory name will do as it searches /media/ for '.wav's.
Then just load a few 'wav's, run the option to 'Find Audio Files'
(yellow button, 'ppanels', 'Music Jukebox' and you are ready to go.

Thanks to everyone involved in making these modifications possible.

Fixed green screen issue when pressing yellow button after changing skin

NEW!! quick button shortcuts

red button download softcam keys
red long press launch CCcam switch
green button open Cool EPG
green long press search EPG
yellow button Ppanels
blue button EMU / DL panel
blue long press launch CCcam info

Image resolution set to 1080i @ 50Hz
Tuner set to fixed single feed @ 28.2E

DO NOT FLASH THIS IMAGE TO A RECEIVER THAT HAS NOT BEEN JTAGGED BY TECHNOMATE. YOU RISK DAMAGING YOUR RECEIVER BEYOND REPAIR, AND MAY VOID THE WARRANTY!!

UR

This image is based on the UR image of the same release date, so also contains the same fixes and / or bugs. For me, this includes randomly missing internal HDD, a hard restart (power off/on) sorted it out.​

Hi m8

dont you think that image file is still too big?its over 43 Mb.if i remember you stated somewhere here that it was arond 30 Mb?

Hi m8

dont you think that image file is still too big?its over 43 Mb.if i remember you stated somewhere here that it was arond 30 Mb?

personally, yes m8, but

This image is based on the UR image of the same release date

zipped up, its 43Mb, unzipped its 57.3Mb, i can get it down to about 53Mb unzipped, but, untill the actual compiling process cuts out a lot of the unneeded stuff, which has been done recently to an extent, and the final image 'padded' out to a smaller size, this is the size of the images

this image is actually created from a receiver after changing a few bits to enable an image to be extracted from it, and untill the original image that goes into it is smaller, the created image will still be the same size

but, this is one of the things the UR team hope to sort out, but it is lower on their list of priorities

personally, yes m8, but

zipped up, its 43Mb, unzipped its 57.3Mb, i can get it down to about 53Mb unzipped, but, untill the actual compiling process cuts out a lot of the unneeded stuff, which has been done recently to an extent, and the final image 'padded' out to a smaller size, this is the size of the images

this image is actually created from a receiver after changing a few bits to enable an image to be extracted from it, and untill the original image that goes into it is smaller, the created image will still be the same size

but, this is one of the things the UR team hope to sort out, but it is lower on their list of priorities

so we have to get rid of UR team lol:Clap:

To be honest does it matter ?

all backup dm500 images are 7+mb but a newly compiled image is about 5mb on the box they take up the same size.
57mb is nothing and only takes minutes to flash.

All ur will do is backup less of the image, I prefer the current method which gets nearly everything.

A scenario is in a years time someone with yesterdays image upgrades and finds that because of the smaller backup 2 important files are missing and the box doesn't boot and miniweb doesn't work and they are left with a doorstop which needs to be sent to tm.

I favour the larger backup files so you know you are getting all the files you need, this is especially important when the box is being worked on so much.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what ellie said :)

but, other than the time it takes to download the file, what actual difference does it make to the end user?

i download bigger windows updates, xbox game patches that are 300Mb, antivirus updates of ~50Mb

if youre on dialup and it takes 3 hours to download, and cutting the file size meant itd only take 2 hours to download, then id understand, but thats the only real advantage i can think of shaving 15Mb off the actual image size

I hope this question is not out of place....

Has anyone tried these images with a motorised dish? Even though my South satellite is Thor, when I select the satellite, it moves the dish a little. I can't seem to move the dish properly using the tm800hd, another receiver is okay.

Has anyone tried these images with a motorised dish? Even though my South satellite is Thor, when I select the satellite, it moves the dish a little. I can't seem to move the dish properly using the tm800hd, another receiver is okay.

I use a motorised system a tm2300 motor and a 1.1 mtr dish and the box drives it no problem.

I set my long and lat and download a readymade bouquet and it works.

Has worked on every image I have tried so far.

I used to use the henksat one but now use the catseyes settings.

i read a couple post but it seems that wifi is an issue with this new update, wifi is important to me so i dont i want to update to this one if its not working,,,

is this update good to go any reccomendations?

wifi will work with N routers not G as far as Im aware

although a fix is around the corner so Im told :)

i 'think' the new bt home hubs are N, but most routers given away by ISPs are G. the best way to know for sure would be to google the make and model of your router.

a quick google of my router (sky router info) shows its a DG934G, the G on the end shows its a G type

Anyone tested the internal card readers yet ? confirmed working with CCAM 2.1.4/2.2.1 in server mode ? white cards no glitching , freezing ?? No need to run additional CAMS in conjucntion like on TM500/600 where you have to use NewCS ?

18th dec ok, apart from when i went to play back some thing from last night, all i got was the blue bars going across the top left hand corner, had to swith off to get out of the loop.

re-installed 13-12-10 image no probs

Hi M8, i only use mine motorised and havent had any issue pre jtagged or jtagged, have you set up the tuner to recognise each satellite you want and have you entered your lat and long.

wifi will work with N routers not G as far as Im aware

although a fix is around the corner so Im told :)

This raised another thought on your wifi not working.Is your wireless security set to wep or wpa.It looked as though wep was dropped on images after jtagging.Even on older routers users should be able to change from wep to wpa, shared key is probably easiest to set and remember when adding clients

mine is set to WPA-2 :)

@digi

do you have any news whether there will be the 24th image as promised for christmas with multimedia avi mkv working?

Back