DW & DW Radio via your dreambox remote

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
All thanks for this go to Devilfish

Tested on a dreambox 500 and a technomate 9100

Unzip and copy straight to reciever, then press the yellow button and youll have RSS reader at the top, press ok then highlight Digitalworldz and press ok, youll then see all the latest threads and the first bit of the posts

scroll down for the radio addon

Last edited:
wicked little addon :)

not only can I read DW on the pc I can have a quick gander between adverts if Im watching something on tv hehehe

mrs aint happy lmao

now all I need is a beer addon and very fit woman addon and that would great!

:drunk:

Obvioulsy your receiver needs to be connected to the internet for this to work, either through a router or on it's own modem.

But it is a smashin plugin. :)

All thanks for this go to Devilfish
Tested on a dreambox 500 and a technomate 9100
Unzip and copy straight to reciever, then press the yellow button and youll have RSS reader at the top, press ok then highlight Digitalworldz and press ok, youll then see all the latest threads and the first bit of the posts

Sorted, Really helps if i read all the post first lol great wee addon

Last edited:
Is there anyway i can rig up my dreambox ( which is downstairs ) to my Wireless router ( upstairs ) as i cant have a cable running all throught the house.

is it just a case of buying another wireless router and connecting this to my dreambox which i could have hidden behind the TV or something. Then communicating with my Router upstairs.

or is there something else i need to buy.

Great idea Devilfish, can be very usefull, when my wife moans on she wants the laptop, then i can say have it and i can watch DW on TV. lol

will test this out in me itgate and outhers wen i get the chance ..looks nice little plugin

Is there anyway i can rig up my dreambox ( which is downstairs ) to my Wireless router ( upstairs ) as i cant have a cable running all throught the house.

I've heard mention of something called a wireless bridge. Haven't researched it but I'm guessing that it plugs in to the downstairs device and it does the wireless communication to your router?

I use a linksys wireless bridge (WET54G) to connect to my linksys router (WRT54GS) and it works perfect. It only has WEP protection, not WPA.

A wireless gaming adapter (normally used for consoles) will also work.

Here's another plugin that you might like.

DreamNetCast - Internet Radio

You can listen to DJ Reddevil and DJ Vixen on DW Internet Radio through your dreambox with this little plugin.

Same as before, copy the files to the location in the zip.

Accessable from the plugins button (yellow).

is this preconfigured with the DW radio site details m8?

EDIT: works a treat m8, cheers

Last edited:
Here's another plugin that you might like.

DreamNetCast - Internet Radio

You can listen to DJ Reddevil and DJ Vixen on DW Internet Radio through your dreambox with this little plugin.

Same as before, copy the files to the location in the zip.

Accessable from the plugins button (yellow).

nice one devilfish...:)

another plugin I use an awful lot on 500C :)

so devilfish whats all this helping the sat guys ;)

another plugin I use an awful lot on 500C :)
so devilfish whats all this helping the sat guys ;)
He's moved from the dark side :Hit:

With this plugin does it mean more than 30 people can tune in at the same time.

Last edited:
its a secret rat, and we know what gossips admin are lol

He's moved from the dark side :Hit:
With this plugin does it mean more than 30 people can tune in at the same time.
I dont think so Paul,Im sure I asked Red the same question and he said its still add to the max of 30 if listened through box

the radio server will only accept connections from 30 listeners, if i connect my laptop, xbox and dreambox at once then that means im using 10% of the total connections as each machine logs into the server as a seperate listener, even though they are all from my ISP IP, untill more people use the service its not worth spending the money thats needed for the server to accept more connections

the radio server will only accept connections from 30 listeners, if i connect my laptop, xbox and dreambox at once then that means im using 10% of the total connections as each machine logs into the server as a seperate listener, even though they are all from my ISP IP, untill more people use the service its not worth spending the money thats needed for the server to accept more connections

nicely put dude that exactly right, no point paying for 100 listeners yet as its early days so a test was 30 max, people can help tho by not having multi connections on

Back