DVI -> VGA Adapter

TheWakeUpCall

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an nVidia 8500 graphics card and it has both a VGA output and a DVI one.

I bought a DVI adapter on ebay so I could plug in a VGA monitor and when I tried to set it all up no output comes onto the screen.

After a while it recognised there was a screen there, think it even came up with the brand, but whatever I did I couldn't get an output onto it. Was just black all the time. I was just wondering if these things even work tbh, I was a bit warey before but Wikipedia seemed to suggest they do work.

Anyone know anything about these? I used to have dual screen on my old computer, and I really miss it lol.

I have an nVidia 8500 graphics card and it has both a VGA output and a DVI one.

I bought a DVI adapter on ebay so I could plug in a VGA monitor and when I tried to set it all up no output comes onto the screen.

After a while it recognised there was a screen there, think it even came up with the brand, but whatever I did I couldn't get an output onto it. Was just black all the time. I was just wondering if these things even work tbh, I was a bit warey before but Wikipedia seemed to suggest they do work.

Anyone know anything about these? I used to have dual screen on my old computer, and I really miss it lol.

Sounds like a faulty one. I've had a few and not all of them worked. I managed to get a couple of Dell white DVI > VGA blocks and they all seem to work fine. I'm sure you'll find one on fleabay

Back