CD & DVD dvd writer

danny123

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys
can you copy a dvd if you have a dvd writer without having to rip it
cheers danny

yes u can u can use nero(latest) and primo dvd i think its called. but if you are looking to "backup" a ps2 disc , the ps2 will have to be modded. also some dvd players wont play backups unless there are a good quality.

if im wrong anybody feel free to correct me.:D

huggi is right you can as long as its not copy protected most movies are copy protected :)

I'd like to see a bit more input on this subject guys, I've been making VCD's from ripped DVD's for a while now but would also like to know if it's possible to do straight copies of DVD's with a DVD writer before I go and splash out on one...

Surely there must be some software out there that will allow you to do it...

yes there is smart ripper heres the list of films that you can do a full backup of and others under 4.3gb attached zip, dvdr cost me £3.40 5 month ago now .99p sounds like cdr when it first came out dvdr is the new cdr you can put upto 4 vcd movies on 1 disc dvdr and most standalone dvd players that play dvdr and vcds will play them you can also put menus with buttons to select which movie you want to watch you can also re-empeg dvd rips so they are perfect copys and fit 4 on 1 disc thats about .25p per movie and i dont want to even get into the mp3 side of it

Billy i have just read your post and was wondering is it possible to save mp3 files to dvdr if so how many 80min albums do you think you would get on one dvdr.

MP3 DVDrs

Mickbrush, i've got approx 56 albums on one DVDR. That's a mixture of single & double albums.

Take note that most MP3 DVDrs don't play on a standalone DVD player, YET

Cosmoss read in...

All DVDs have to be ripped to HD first coz of Macrovision protection etc

Once a DVD has been ripped & copied to a DVDR, a straight copy can be done.

There's 2 types of DVD. There's the DV5 which fits on 1 DVD & the DVD9 which fits on two.

If it's on 2 DVD9, the movie has to be re-encoded to fit on a single DVDR

Back