CD & DVD Dvd-r Prices

C

cosmoss

As the price of DVD-R's seems to be escalating again, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can all post and share where we buy our DVD-R's from. We may all be thinking we're getting the best deal out there but do we really know??

Ok I'll start this off. I'm using Datasafe Blue 1x DVD-R's from www.bigpockets.co.uk

Last time I looked they were £29.99 For a tub of 50. Excellent General Purpose discs and they work great with movies.

dvd-r

im using datasafe blues also great result with movies paid 30.00 for tub of 50 from bowlers :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

i've just bought traxdata purple 1x2x from bowlers yesterday, spindle of 25 £30, not bad at all.

Also i use datasafe media 1x tub of 50 for £30

waiting for the neo premium to drop down, they are a great disc 4x but pricey

Highlander, what days do bowlers have their computer fairs now?? I think I've seen a sign saying they are now every week but didnt pay too much attention to it... also what are the opening hours?? I think I need to pay a visit as I've never actually been.

And I only live 4 miles away lol!!!

there open sat m8 11 till 3 i think , and more recently sundays 2!

Bowlers deffo the cheapeist place for blanks by far !!

cheap ritek media here chaps

[DLMURL]http://store.yahoo.com/cdrdvdrmedia/index.html[/DLMURL]

nerver ordered from here, looks 2 good 2 be true !

Last edited by a moderator:
zaphod, they are based :
Address: 16666 East Johnson Drive, Suite A
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745

and

"Sorry, we do not ship internationally."

so i still say bowlers is best.....

Avoid them like the plague for movies m8, they are crap. Ok for storing data though.

Originally posted by tezbrol06
are bulkpaq dvd-r discs any good seen a site selling 50 for £24

As Cosmoss said "Avoid them like the plague for movies m8, they are crap."

That is how they get their name 'Bulkcrap as to bulkpaq'

the yellow traxdata are nice and cheap and i've gone through at least 250 with no problems on any dvd player. only prob with them is they are 1X. (That's 250 hours of dvd recording, sh!t)

Have to agree with you Highlander m8, I got myself 100 of the yellow traxdata from bowlers for £65.00. I've burned around 50 and all have worked perfectly... hmmm I'm running short of coasters now!!!

got any good sites for these traxdata( cheapest ) if any body knows
and thanks again for your knowledge

i use datawrite classic yellow 50 for £34.00 they work perfect at 1x on my a03 and on my pano dmr-e20 recorder but i just bought a panosonic SW 9581-C oem for £150 it will write on any media at 2x yes youve guessed it the yellow classics burn at 2x no problem at all, movies , data all perfect on some forums the princo dyes get a slagging but i think the are great for the price
the writers available from svp on special with 25 free dvd-r discs £150 ;)

Billy, where are you getting the datawrite yellows for £34.00?? They seem to have gone up everywhere at the mo.

And what do you mean, you are burning at 2x??? I thought these were 1x discs???

hi i bought 100 for £65 last week at a fair in sunderland you know how the pioneer writers are fussy about makes of discs well the pano has nothing in its firmware about makes if you want you can write on most discs at 2x but i only know the yellows work perfect with no freezing skiping etc and with nero and vob instant ;)

Latest update on Discs I use on my Pioneer 105 for movies, PSGames and X-Brick

Datawrite Classics RED 4x about £25-28 for 25 spindle -
Datawrite Classic Grey 2x £28 for 25 spindle

Datawrite Classic Yellow 1x £34 for 50 (big pockets only)

ICE 4x 99p each in 100's (SVP only) - over 200 used no probs

all from http://www.svpcommunications.co.uk and http://www.bigpockets.co.uk

I use both of the above companies regular and both offer a good service.

Back