dvd burner

nero7 id say depends what for nero 7 is a alround burner i like 1clickdvdcopy for movies and alchohol 120% for games.

Personally i use dvd decrypter for all my ps2 games but struggling with games like Gran Turismo 4 which is on a dual layered disc and is bigger than a standard 4.7 gig disc.

Personally i use dvd decrypter for all my ps2 games but struggling with games like Gran Turismo 4 which is on a dual layered disc and is bigger than a standard 4.7 gig disc.

Fogot to say if anyone knows how to burn GT4 will be eternally grateful:THANKS:

NEC are nice and quiet (but I'm having problems with my 3520 at the moment).

Sony drives are Lite-On re-badges, so just go for the Lite-on (to avoid paying for the Sony name).

As MH said Pioneer are good.

Go for as fast as you can even if you ain't gonna burn at that speed (e.g. not recommended at burning more than 4x for PS2 games). LightScribe and LabelFlash are expensive extras if you only intend using normal discs.

Fogot to say if anyone knows how to burn GT4 will be eternally grateful:THANKS:

Cant you just use dvd decryper and then burn it? I downloaded it and it played fine! Or maybe try Alchol 120%

I personally like LG DVD burners but its down to preference.

Anyone know if s-ata dvd burners are out yet???

If you want LG the GSA-H30N is SATA and has a 2MB buffer (if you can find it).

Writing Speeds:
DVD+R 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x
DVD+R DL 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
DVD+RW 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
DVD-R 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
DVD-R DL 4x, 8x
DVD-RW 1x, 2x, 4x ,6x
DVD-RAM 2x, 3x, 5x, 12x
CD-R 16x, 24x, 32x, 40x, 48x
CD-RW 4x, 10x, 16x, 24x, 32x

But Plextor, Samsung and Lite-on all have SATA drives out at the moment.

little pob 3520

i see your having probs with your burner, go to website & download new firmware & update should sort prob out.

i see your having probs with your burner, go to website & download new firmware & update should sort prob out.
Cheers, but I've tried new firmware, rolled back the firmware to that of the original 3520 drives and even 3rd party firmware (Liggy and Dee). I do still need to try the firmware that was originally on the drive (1.3 I think), but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm thinking (read as hoping) its just an incompatability between my drive and the motherboard at the moment. I'll be swapping it out for a faster drive soon anyways (just waiting on aquiring a large enough wish list to minimise p&p ;)).

Last edited:
Back