Dummies guide to setting up Vu+

TRy removing tuner and replacing to make sure it is connected properly.

Once it shows up, you have 4 tuners. Connect sat feed to only one of them at a time. Disable all tuners in configs and enable one by one so you can identify them.

hello dear. when you put new formatted sata harddrive in Vu+ duo box.
on which format do I have to do

1. NTFS
2. FAT
3. FAT 32

I formatted on NTFS and it does not record the program on hard drive. I don`t know have I setup wrong or where I have gone wrong in installation the hard drive.
I have put brand new hard drive in the box and the person I bought it from he set it up. I wrongly install plugins then from that mistake I took out the hard drive and formatted in my pc in NTFS Format.

I don`t know how I put it right and where I am gone wrong. can you kindly please tell me step by step to go all over again. please I am new to this.
Thank you for my understanding

You have to format to FAT 32. I don't think any other format will work.

@sajjad786
You need to initialise (linux term for format) your HDD using the receiver. Best to use the ext file system, this is what the receiver uses by default.

You will need to do something like
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices or Hard Disk > Initialisation

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You For Your Reply Brothers.

AH! Now I realize my mistake here I took out the brand new sata hard drive from the box and formatted in my pc "NTFS Formatted". The person I bought the box from he has more knowledge then me.

didn`t help in explaining to me. the box was working fine because I love football and record the champion league football from itv when I am not home to watch it later.

I did try the way you have just said and it was not working because I formatted hard drive in NTFS Formatted. I have to go all over again. Can I be able to do this way.

Copy and paste all files in the in the hard drive on a folder on my desktop then formatted the hard drive in "FAT 32" then put the hard drive back in the box and then copy and paste all files back in the hard drive.
is this method will work or I have to flash it again.

My box is Vu+ Duo twin tuner made in Korea so that might be original box and have Firmware: BlackHole 1.7.5 Build: Jun 1 2012-vuplus_experimental. Which BalckHole version is the best.

Many people do not have much knowledge which plugin the need to installed other wise the will mess it up by installing wrong plugins that what I did and made the mistake. I would be very helpful if you can made a step by step guide for complete installation include which plugins in order for the box to running smoothly that will be to take one step at a time.

Thank you for your advice that are so helpful. Have a nice day and very nice weekend.

"It much better for each tuner to have its own LNB feed that way you can record one watch one etc. Cables to the in connection.

For the price of a dual or quad lnb if your on a sky dish its worth it.

Then setup each tuner

Simple
Single
28e
"
regarding on earlier post I checked mine the are different.

Tuner A:28E

Tuner B: No Configuration

I have just change mine to

Configuration Mode .............................Simple
Mode..................................................Single
Sat.....................................................28.2E
Send DiSEqc........................................NO
Reboot

Is that correct or it different as you said i have Vu+ Duo box (Not) the latest Vu+ Duo 2.

No motorised dish.

just normal sky dish with 4 Lmb

you should have really started your own thread....

Image is installed on flash memory of receiver, not hdd. Provided you do not format/initialise hdd, your recordings will be intact. You can change image as many times as you like without affecting the recordings.

If you do not initialise the HDD and keep it to fat32, any recordings will be limited to 4GB. When you finally decide to initialise it, everything will be wiped from HDD.

The tuner section above by patmyhead was referring to a duo 2. Golden rule is: Receiver has no eyes and cannot tell what cables/dish and lnbs are connected to it. You must tell it exactly what it has connected to it. If you have nothing connected to input 2, then not configfured is what it should be ( for now). If it has a simple, single 28.2 feed to it, then you must configure it as such.

"It much better for each tuner to have its own LNB feed that way you can record one watch one etc. Cables to the in connection.

For the price of a dual or quad lnb if your on a sky dish its worth it.

Then setup each tuner

Simple
Single
28e
"
regarding on earlier post I checked mine the are different.

Tuner A:28E

Tuner B: No Configuration

I have just change mine to

Mode..................................................Single
Sat.....................................................28.2E
Reboot

Is that correct or it different as you said i have Vu+ Duo box (Not) the latest Vu+ Duo 2.

No motorised dish.

just normal sky dish with 4 Lmb

If you have a just a sky dish with a cable feed going to each lnb input on your VU+ tuner then

Tuner A

Mode.............................................. ....Single
Sat............................................... ......28.2E

Tuner B

Mode.............................................. ....Single
Sat............................................... ......28.2E

Both should be the same

If you have only one cable connect it to tuner A