DTT Set Top Box Codes.....

thisnthat

Inactive User
Reaction score
I cant see these posted anywhere so here you go......

DTT Box Tricks

Some handy little tricks for your DTT box:

NOTE, YOU CAN SERIOUSLY AFFECT THE OPERATION OF YOUR BOX WITH SOME OF THESE TRICKS, USE WITH CAUTION, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING THEN DON'T DO ANYTHING!

Know any tricks not included here?

Goodmans GDB Series

1. The master password for parental controls is 4725 (software 3.6/3.11 or later only)
Note: This master password is not included in any documentation with the STB etc. so if your children find the instruction booklet then they wont discover it. It is not changeable

2. Reset to the firmware version your box was shipped with:
- Press reset button and wait for box to load up again
- Put box into standby
- Press 3 then 5
- Wait a few minutes and box should come out of standby with old firmware

NOTE: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR NEWER FIRMWARE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Daewoo Setpal

1. Access Installers menu: Enter the following code with your remote control: [Status][Info][Red][Green][Yellow][Blue]

ITV/OnDigital boxes

1. Make channel changing faster: Key In: [menu][7][2][text] [guide][text][guide][green]

Note: This is partly down to "luck" it appears to work with some boxes, usually Nokia, but even then, it doesn't allways work (may depends on firmware version, we don't know)

Grundig/Thomson

1. Pressing "0" removes MHEG "Red Dot" until you change channel

Pace DTVA

1. To access a "test" of some sort for satellite firmware: Switch off the box or pull out the plug out of the back of the scart lead.

Power back up again holding [mute] down

Pace Twin Tuner

For a list of Bugs and workarounds of the Pace Twin tuner please see the following website: http://www.riscthis.net/pacetwin/bugs.html

Nokia OnDigital: Factory Reset

1. Turn Box On(Using Red POWER Button)
2. Turn Box Off(Using RED POWER Button)
3. Just as green channel LED's dim to - - - press left and right navigational buttons together.
4. You should see "RE" on channel LED display
5. Now press reset button to finalise factory reset
6. STB Is in off state
7. Power STB by pressing On Button
8.Yellow menu should come up

Philips OnDigital: Factory Reset

1. Switch off the STB
2. Switch on the STB
3. Select an ONdigital channel (such as 27)
4. Select an MHEG-enabled channel (one where you know the volume up/down button does NOT display an icon on-screen)
5. As soon as the green ident appears on screen put the box into standby
6. Press the standby button again - the STB should now be in "out of the
box" state having lost its settings.

I was only able to try this on my ex-OnDigital Box............ But I did have to press the keys pretty quick............

Back