DS Lite options

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting a DS Lite at Xmas and was wondering what is the best setup to go for? I do not want to flash the DS so I have come up with the following. Let me know your thoughts?

Super Key
SuperCard SD (Does this work on DS Lite?)
SD Card

I too am getting a DS:Lite for xmas and after about a month of looking into what options I have, I am going to get a new Slot 1 solution.

They are taking pre-orders for the SuperCard DS which can be used without flashing, but also has the expandability to use microSD memory cards.

It can also act as a pass card so if you wanted to play GBA roms... you can get a Slot 2 device if necessary.

But the whole battery life and rom load speed and the fact that I don't have to flash my device (void the warranty) pushed me towards the slot 1 solution.

good luck with your choice.

I am getting a DS Lite at Xmas and was wondering what is the best setup to go for? I do not want to flash the DS so I have come up with the following. Let me know your thoughts?

Super Key
SuperCard SD (Does this work on DS Lite?)
SD Card

Go for it .

I say wait a few days and get the SupercardDS (the slot-1 style),

certainly seems worth it, not too sure on the battery life being improved with it, but ther have been some claims its better than others out there,

you cant fault it especialy for some1 new to the ds as thers no need for extra software to patch games, drag n drop!

(obviously no gba support) but ive never played gba games on my ds lite (had it since release date so about 5-6 months)

Yeah that looks good. I will only need the SuperCard DS and memory card instead of:

Superkey + Supercard + Original Game for Superkey + memory card and o need to flash it

Is that correct?

What memory card does the Supercard DS take? - Micro SD in the advert

Last edited:
Don't know about SuperCard DS (not read up on it).

All that is needed is a SuperKey and Supercard Lite with microSD (for the ROMs).

A 1gb microSd holds approx 33 roms.

Yeah that looks good. I will only need the SuperCard DS and memory card instead of:

Superkey + Supercard + Original Game for Superkey + memory card and o need to flash it

Is that correct?

What memory card does the Supercard DS take? - Micro SD in the advert

Yes, that's 100% correct.

and yes again, it takes the same MicroSD memory card.

The only thing u can't do on the SuperCardDS is play GBA roms (yet) :p

ok thanks for the info. I'll get a Supercard DS then when it comes out. A lot less hassle than flashing etc

so if i was to get this supercard DS it would be fine for a pink DS? what else would be needed? not looking to do anything except beable for my sis to play roms and save her money:)

so if i was to get this supercard DS it would be fine for a pink DS? what else would be needed? not looking to do anything except beable for my sis to play roms and save her money:)

Supercard DS + micro sd card + card reader (if needed)

Back