Driving me nuts... where is the noobs thread!?

Hurri

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey people, I've got the latest 6902 Super and trying to get as far as seeing the 8283 menu..

Here's what I've done so far...

1)back up channel list
2)factory reset
3)load original technomate firmware november 2011
4)factory reset
5)load latest Phantom patch from March
6) load latest addon 002
7)factory reset
8)put back channellist

the box now thinks it has June 2011 Techno firmware... sw 1.12 Jul 8 2011 if that makes any odds.

... and then nothing happens when I go into the normal channels and type 8283. What am I missing to get the thing actually patched. There should be a sticky noobs thread out there for idiots like me that explains what you need to do that would be great, because I'm going potty! In the meantime any assistance appreciated :Cry:
cheers!

try 8281 that's the "secret" menu
and welcome to the forum

ehm... " une 2011 Techno firmware... sw 1.12 Jul 8 2011"

I think he is still on original Firmware not on Patched Firmware !
looks like your right wolftje, hurri must have been uploading firmware to his usb device and not loading patch into tm.

@Hurri
cs works perfect on latest patch and addon
find patch118 and add on here Technomate software online
then follow
just for future refference patches can be got from Technomate software online
the best way to do patch upgrade/downgrade would be
1)back up channel list(in datatransfer menu press green button this creates .cndf file on usb device)
2)factory reset
3)load original technomate firmware, go into usb menu.data tranfer menu scroll to the file you want to load to your tm and press ok(can be got from Technomate software online)
4)factory reset
5)load latest patch (after this load latest addon if you did not do this before, after this 8281 will work)
6)factory reset
7)put back channellist(same as patch/firmware ok on cndf file>ok on normal) and rescan all channels in use
let us know how your doing

Hey guys thanks a lot. All working now and i've uploaded the softcam keys so be interesting to have a look see if anything is open, and I might play with some of the other features....

Well, you may well be asking how stupid can you be, and I think I have successfully topped the idiots list with this one. The reason for the upgrade not working was pretty simple. It was because the Technomate menu onscreen has the blue button marked as 'Upload STB' and I was pressing this instead of OK to upload the firmware/patches. Dumb I know... but I thought all the copies of the firmware it was making on the USB stick were because it was making a backup before it put the new one in :Dunce::Dunce::Dunce: As soon as I saw the box rebooting itself I knew we were in business. So, thanks for helping me realise the blindingly obvious. Its always extra frustrating when you realise you are doing something wrong but can't figure it out....... :Cheers:

We have all done something similar in the past, no need to be hard on yourself. You should see some of the dumb things I've done (and still do from time to time).

easy mistake to make because of the wording 'upload key' - done it myself many a time before twigging you merely click on file / patch ok to load

And all tis with the mega 'user friendly' Technomates - what WOULD it be like with one of those OTHER cheap & nasty makes lol????:Ha:

And all tis with the mega 'user friendly' Technomates - what WOULD it be like with one of those OTHER cheap & nasty makes lol????:Ha:

Lol! How many of us will admit to pressing info button when deleting a channel only to realise that you have deleted all channels! The more i learn about techomate the more disappointed i get! I have been thinking of getting a twin until i read the posts in the twin section. What's happened to Phant0m? We've not had any comment about the lack of fixes in the last round of patches. Not trying to sound ungrateful but I reckon I'm not the only 1 who is brassed off with the issues.

Lol! How many of us will admit to pressing info button when deleting a channel only to realise that you have deleted all channels! The more i learn about techomate the more disappointed i get! I have been thinking of getting a twin until i read the posts in the twin section. What's happened to Phant0m? We've not had any comment about the lack of fixes in the last round of patches. Not trying to sound ungrateful but I reckon I'm not the only 1 who is brassed off with the issues.

This is a very good example as to why we should ALL keep a back up of our channels list, after all how long does it take to make one? I normally back up my channels once a week if not more often and ALWAYS after making any additions or deletions to my channels.
We all make mistakes and a quick backup saves hours of hard work.

yep... it's so user unfriendly ... much worse that on my old Technomate. Rest of family can barely understand it and get pissed off with it at the moment. When I have put in a second fixed dish for freesat for the main TV then they won't be so pissed off with it jumping around the channels as it records stuff (the TV has its own FS tuner). Honestly if I could lay my hands on the firmware I'd be rewriting it. The hardware is great but you really need good software on this thing and the timer/USB handling is an afterthought. I have to set the clock on it 1 minute fast and the post-record thing to add five minutes to the end of every recording so that we get 1 minute of pre-roll and 4 minutes of added time on the end to cope with the way programs mismatch with the EPG. This was a feature about 10 years ago on the first PVRs... and yet TM can't yet spot simple stuff like this. It wouldn't matter if the recording navigation wasn't so poorly designed, so skipping 5 minutes of recording takes just about the same amount of time in key presses. Maybe TM will wake up one day and realise that investing a bit of cash in decent software design = big profits (e.g. Apple, heard of them? )... rant over...:bangshead:

Hurri - just a query on fast forward

On my original 6800, I can fast forward in 2 ways, firstly in the normal way using the correct key , but 2ndly using the V+ key which accelerates very fast along the recording (this only works when you can see the strip showing length of recording, which you can bring up in any number of ways) - typical of undocumented facilities of the TM

Hurri - just a query on fast forward

On my original 6800, I can fast forward in 2 ways, firstly in the normal way using the correct key , but 2ndly using the V+ key which accelerates very fast along the recording (this only works when you can see the strip showing length of recording, which you can bring up in any number of ways) - typical of undocumented facilities of the TM

Thanks - that is actually documented on the 6902.. in fact there is a trick play 'zoom' feature that is in the manual but not on the remote itself. The trouble is I've been spoiled by using the fwd/back controls on my old Pace box. Now with that, one press of the left or right will skip 60 seconds thru the recording. That is a really good way of doing it, yo uneed to try it to see how good. Just bash the button 5 times and you're five minutes forward. It is quicker than holding down the button, which then gets slowly faster and then overshoots where you want to be.. as the Techno does it.

One thing I don't really understand is why anyone would get the triple tuner 7102, because the 6902 records three channels at once, and I was doing that this evening, while playing back something else. Now that IS quite cool! I don't quite understand why it can do this (I think all have to be on the same transponder), but hey I'm not complaining! I think you may be able to do six at maximum but I haven't tested this (ie three terrestrial and three satellite on each tuner)

'Pressing the Info' when deleting.
I never had the problem but If I recall the TM receiver ask if you want to delete the whole channel list with yes and no ? Anyway, A TM receiver is barely simple considering the given interface but I can imagine if you come from another brand it is a bit strange !
(I'm always having trouble finding the exit and menu, info & epg buttons as between the models the remotes have changed and the buttons as well ...)
I really hated the tm5402hd remote in the beginning and still do, lol (damm Shitty tiny buttons for epg and fav, come on TM argl...)

'Pressing the Info' when deleting.
I never had the problem but If I recall the TM receiver ask if you want to delete the whole channel list with yes and no ? Anyway, A TM receiver is barely simple considering the given interface but I can imagine if you come from another brand it is a bit strange !
(I'm always having trouble finding the exit and menu, info & epg buttons as between the models the remotes have changed and the buttons as well ...)
I really hated the tm5402hd remote in the beginning and still do, lol (damm Shitty tiny buttons for epg and fav, come on TM argl...)

Spot on there Wolfje regarding buttons, I have more luck using tiny buttons on my mobile!
EPG and FAV should be placed further up the remote around the central navigation/ok keys as they are used all the time.
I find that I have to physically slide remote up and down with my hand which is a right pain anyway and I then end up pushing wrong key as they are so tiny!

Spot on there Wolfje regarding buttons, I have more luck using tiny buttons on my mobile!
EPG and FAV should be placed further up the remote around the central navigation/ok keys as they are used all the time.
I find that I have to physically slide remote up and down with my hand which is a right pain anyway and I then end up pushing wrong key as they are so tiny!

Check out a programmable remote "One for All" Energy saver, I got a couple of these on Ebay for a few pounds. Not only can you program any key anywhere on the remote but they come with a wall socket "plug in" which allows any item (up to 1KW) to be switched on and off at the mains socket using the remote.
I use these on my Spiderbox and TM5402.

Last edited:
Back