not work - started looking for transponders - so I guess it was a sat image
rather than a cable one. I wanted to try a second image but Dreamup
refused to flash it again - the message I get it
"Got wrong response from Box http/1.0 Bad Request
Server yahd 1.0
<"
Anyone know how I can get beyond this

Hi M8,
Pretty new to this too but it sounds like you are using dreamup via the network, i know with the DM500c you need to use a null modem cable into the serial port of your computer. This is the best way to reflash if your image crashes.
As for looking for transonders, it is normal to scan for transponders even with cable. Once it finds a valid transponder it will then give you the option to scan for services.
Hope this helps mate.

What image did you use? most of the images are just images for any box and not satellite or cable images. Try Gemini it is easy to install with internet download of files.

You need to use a null modem cable, this has just happened to me with my mates DM600. With a null modem cable and a crossover cable I was able to flash the Gemini 3.60 image and box was sorted. Did a scan using bruteforce for UK and got all the channels.

I was using the Null modem cable

I used Dreamup with the Null-modem cable - it successfully flashed a Gemini
image - which then booted up and did a transponder search - not finding
any transponders. I assumed that I have flashed an image that just knows
about satellite (and not cable). When I tried to flash a second
image - I got the "bad request" error.

If I can't get dreamup to work across the null-modem cable - should I
expect the re-flash over Ethernet to work (have not tried any of this yet)?

Try to do a factory default or software reset. You would also need to find out if the settings in the cable.xml matches your area.

Factory Defaults

I will give that a go. I'm starting to think that maybe the Enigma Project
installation may be OK - it simply does not see anying when I do either of the two offered transponder scan. I hear people mentioning a cable.xml file - but I have not been able to download that from this site - not enough
posts yet. I'm also wondering how I get this on to the dm600? I
guess I can't use Dreamup - so that means I have to use Ethernet to
get it on.

I will give that a go. I'm starting to think that maybe the Enigma Project
installation may be OK - it simply does not see anying when I do either of the two offered transponder scan. I hear people mentioning a cable.xml file - but I have not been able to download that from this site - not enough
posts yet. I'm also wondering how I get this on to the dm600? I
guess I can't use Dreamup - so that means I have to use Ethernet to
get it on.

You need to do a transpoder scan with "Cable UK Sym6887" or Bruteforce. You won't have any luck with Sym6900 or Sym6885.

You need to do a transpoder scan with "Cable UK Sym6887" or Bruteforce. You won't have any luck with Sym6900 or Sym6885.

They are not showing up as options - so I guess that means I am using the wrong image. Sigh! This should be simpler

Back