DreaMote streaming problems dm800hd to iphone

stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, just came accross this nice little free app for controling your dreambox with an iphone. Works great, can do all functions locally & tested with dyns and can connect from outside my home network.

Problem is I would like to stream the channel to my iphone, it said use oplayer hd lite so i installed that & the first couple of times i tried it, it did work (local lan)

for some reason now it just doesnt seem to want to stream?? oplayer just has what looks like a buffering icon showing for a while then goes to a main menu? i dont think ive done anything different to when it worked but any of you guys got this working??

its not esential as i mainly want to be able to start timeshift when i am running a bit late but the streaming would b a bonus..:cool:

cheers guys...

dm800hd rev m tuner clone
latest dbuk image
sim201
bthomehub2

I know this isnt helpful for you but how did you set your box up for access outside your network? mine works fine internally but i'd like to be able to connect from the internet aswell

have you tried good player mate? thats compatible with dreamote aswell

cheers for the reply, i signed up for a free dyndns account & then had to enable DNS on my home hub 2. Then you need to forward a port. default is port 80 but that didnt work for me (think bt block that port) so i just picked another one. Once you have the DNS enabled & a port forwarded you can check if it works with a port check program.

Then you should be able to access your receiver using your dyndns address ie mydyndns.dyndns.org:n (n = port number)

Im sure there is a good post on here about forwarding ports etc but i carnt seem to find it atm.

portforward.com is also a good place for info on setting up routers & port forwarding.

hope this helps a little..... :cool:

steve.....

thanx mate, my router (superhub) doesnt have any options for setting up a dyndns so i'll probably forget about it for now :(

have you tried an sd channel with oplayer? wifi struggles with hd.

if not download dreambox live from the app store (or installous :p) that streams all channels perfectly and takes 30 secs to setup (it wont stream hd, but to a phone with a 3.5" screen it doesnt matter, you just stream the sd equivilent)

FYI...... managed to get it working..... My fault!!!!!!

for some reason in the webinterface options (plugins on dm800hd) i had set "enable streaming authentication" to yes. as soon as i set it back to No, streaming to iphone worked spot on.

I didnt find this before i had bought a few apps though, Dreamote pro & good player. No worries less than a fiver for the two.

Also to let you know that HD streaming doesnt work (didnt think it would though) iphone 4 latest ios 5.1

I defo recomend the dreamote app, the free version works great but has adverts.

Cheers guys..

Steve....

Back