DreamBox questions

Pie Eyed

Member +
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am the proud owner of 2 chipped TW boxes - One SA4000 and a Pace.

However, as I can no longer get the movie channels (can't re-enable talkbalk, because I suck at soldering), I am thinking of investing in 2 Dreamboxes.

A few questions though:

1. Is there any real difference between the "real" and the the "fake" boxes (other than cost)

2. What is the best image to use in a TW area?

3. How long is it likely to take me to figure out how to program and set one up ?

4. Am I "likely" to get PPV, or is it completey nerfed thanks to VOD? (Not really all that bothered, but would be nice - Not sure whether I can see what other people on my exchange are watching, or whether it's a complete no-no).

5. Most importantly - Where is best (most reliable + price) to buy a Dreambox from?

Thanks for any help

Craig

1. You might have to get a signal booster just depends on your signal.Some need a booster with a real and a fake!

2. Most images do 90% the same thing, give you free tv. Try DW UK 1.6.5. Digital Worldz images are created for the UK and not a modified German one. But try them all and see which one you like best.

3. they're not that hard to figure out, quite easy. See here for some guides and tools.

4. You can get PPV but it's shit. Not worth the hassle.

5. If you want a genuine box you can get them from satstore.co.uk but they are expensive. If you want a clone there are a few places on offer. Try the PENG sticky thread or ebay.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just one thing thoug:

If I boost the signal, do I lode talkback like I do by boosting a normal box?

I suppose what I am asking is whether I will have any interactive stuff on the box (The "Press Red to access...")

Cheers again

No interactive stuff. The Dreambox has no talkback. That's why you won't be able to use VOD services properly.

Back