dreambox optiflasher - backup image and personal settings

Hi AL,
you were right it was a corrupt flash. i ended up reflashing and only took me about 5 mins to setup my prefs again (now i know where all the options are) lol .
ive now saved a backup with my prefs. still cant get it to auto pull in all channels egp just key ones missing i have to manually go on and get epg for. .

Hi AL,
i am using getepg. and have set the bbc/ itv regions yes.. one channel that def doesnt load is sky summer. the other vary each time it does a new download some that were there before are missing and vice versa. however these are the ones that were previously missing when i tried

ok (assuming channel numbers are same as everyone else) just turned box on pressed yellow button to bring up epg see the below missing

24. watch
31 comedy
53-dmax+ all down to 65. sony tv

then get EGP just kicked in saying its downloading... just gotta wait a min.. got msg saying

"get EPGloading complete
IGNORE events over 10mb max cache
ADDING 9718 events to epg cache
MEMORY used for epg casch 5.75mb
processing finished in 2min 33sec "

just gone back into EGP (yellow button)
now missing the below.
16. ITV4 ( was there before 1 min ago)
51. 4seven
67 PBS am
84 Bio+1
143 sky summer
175 eurosport
176 eurosport
192 primetime
219 baby tv
237 heat
255 & 253 ramp'd
268 (god channel) to 651UTV is missing

now when on egp listing (yellow button) if i press (from memory) the red button it then gives me option to get epg.(i think green button) (however i have to be watching that channel for it to pull in the epg info)

Please have a careful read of the GetEPG.txt helpfile in the /var/etc/info folder, and in particular the section entitled ADD this channel to GetEPG

This will solve your apparent issues, which are mainly due to newly added channels, or renamed channels SINCE our 23rd June release.

Cheers- AL :)

OK, here at TC, we check GetEPG status every morning, in order to keep a bang up to date /var/etc/config/rdmap.dat user file ready for the next Commando image release.

As this is a file that is meant for user customization, there is no point in our making our updated file public, but in this case we'll make an exception. FTP the attached txt file to the folder path indicated above, 'as' rdmap.dat

Then Set your location again. Then run AutoBouquets, which in turn will generate a new GetEPG channel map

After, you should have no missing EPG, which a look at /var/log/rdepg.unmapped should verify. In fact, if TuxCom or FTP tells you this file is 127 bytes in size, you'll KNOW there are no new or renamed channels to worry about. If it's bigger than that, then you'll know that USER input is required, using the simple tools at your disposal created by LraiZer, and thoroughly documented in the readme advised earlier.

Caveat: This file is the release spec and will undo any customizing you may have previously applied to it (on / off / days / hrs etc) since first flashing

And do please remember- this file might well need updating tomorrow, LOL!

Attachments

• rdmap.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi AL,
can i just confirm the folder to put rdmap.txt into i go into var/etc but i dont have a config folder...
the only sub folders i have are:
channels.uk
icons
info
init.d
mtab
network

do i need to manually create a config folder?

Another new channel added this morning, so you'll have something to practise with after your update! My rdepg.unmapped logfile told me it had found a new or renamed channel called theDealchannel

So I zapped to this channel (in Shopping) and pressed BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > RED > GREEN to add it to GetEPG

Then I opened rdmap.dat and scrolled down the bottom to find this:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Now it could be left like that, and it will work, gathering stream EPG for 1 day amd 18 hours of Long Descriptions (LraiZer's default settings for added channels). But I keep a tidy ship, so I deleted the # hashed line, then CUT the data line, then pasted into the 'Shopping' section above, like this:

Code:

But hang on a mo, crap channels like these are all set to EPG = Off, 0 days / 0 hours. So my finished edit now looks like this:

Code:

to match it's neighbours. To round it all off, you then need to run Autogen in order to generate a new GetEPG channel map: BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > RED > RED >

You might think this a pointless exercise for a new channel that you don't even want EPG for, so it's up to you. You can ignore it if you wish.

cheers for that.. followed the process indeed saw deal channel. and edited the code to

0|3357|000|0|JML Home&DIY|JML Home & DIY|
0|3012|000|0|theDealchannel|
0|5905|000|0|bid|bid tv|
and then Autogen in order to generate a new GetEPG channel map

one thing i noticed this am (about 4am) was sky premier and sky premier+1 says "not available" and no epg data. not sure if channel goes off air overnight or not?
just looked now (10am) sky prem is back but +1 isnt so maybe 1st programme of day is 10am and it goes off overnight

Sly Premiere doesn't start until 10:00 daily, and Sly Prem+1 one hour later at 11:00

Similarly, BBC THREE and BBC FOUR don't start until 18:00 - while TCM 2 kicks off at 20:00 nightly

Probably loads of other non-24 hour services as well. ;)

Back