dreambox optiflasher - backup image and personal settings

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all i used v1.0.2 of dreambox optiflasher to write image to my box (commando 14.6)
ive now played around with settings changed options etc..
and would like to copy this to another few boxs i have

can/ if i use
READ IMAGE BACKUP and
READ USER SETTINGS/ SETTINGS BACKUP

will this do all of that for me (i assume it will prob copy the cline aswell into the other boxes)

thanks

in the commando image they do have a backup plugin which will back up
the image inc,bouquets,settings etc

i think its via the blue button

back up and restore

after you did a back up it should be stored in the temp directory

thanks magnu420.

the only other thing i cant seem to get working is egp (which ive tried to google) for this image.

there is "get EPG" (press blue button then option4) and it scans for egps however is there a way to select how many days worth ?

the other issue is once its done if im on a tv channel and press yellow button to bring up the "planner" some channels are populated with egp info but as i move down the page to other channels there are batches of channels with no egp info they are just blank

if i remember right... its only bouquets like entertaiment, sports and movies that get 7 days epg.. some will only get 5 days and some only two..... in not 100% but i think thats how getepg worked at first?

as for the planner not showing epg for some chans. sometimes if you scroll down to one of those chans the epg appears.. it does for me anyway..

having a read of the text files it says if channels are missing from the epg then you zap to that channel
and pres BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > RED to arrive at the GetEPG Utilities Menu.

Then press GREEN to launch the dvbsnoop scanner. LraiZer uses this to analyse the dvb stream to extractthe unique ID number for the stream EPG of the channel, and then adds it to your user rdmap.dat file,
When you've done this for all the unmapped channels, press RED in the Utilities menu to Autogen a new Channel Map in the /var/etc/channels.cfg mapfile for GetEPG.

for example DMAX is missing all EGP info i did this method and it took 20sec but then said "channel was not found in rdepg.unmapped

so how can i add the epg info for this and batches of other missing channels??

in the commando image they do have a backup plugin which will back up
the image inc,bouquets,settings etc

i think its via the blue button

back up and restore

after you did a back up it should be stored in the temp directory

yeah you can use the box menu option to backup its stored in tmp/ as i .img file but does this backup all the setting and user prefs?

i also used dreambox optiflasher and used the "READ image backup" which i think saves as a .yas file. but when i selected the "read data user/settings backup)
it then has a drop down of images . eg pli ,gemini etc.. but commando isnt listed therefore what should i select?

The backup option in the Commando image will backup everything m8,including channel lists and your lines ;)

thanks wiz that makes things easier for me.. still cant resolve the issue of a few channels not downloading a epg :(

thanks wiz that makes things easier for me.. still cant resolve the issue of a few channels not downloading a epg :(

I don't use the commando image myself but if you post your problem in the commando image thread hopefully one of the guys will know the answer :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

ok just tried it with dreambox optiflasher, i backup both image and user setting and have now written them to another box. it has obviously copied the commando image on and also my cline (as certain channels work) but notice the epg isnt loaded tho its been auto downloaded by "getepg"

however the bouquets on the 1st box i made "adult" visable as it was set as hidden along with PPV however this setting hasnt seemed to copy over when flashing 2nd box.

Did you backup the image using optiflasher or using the option in the image?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

i actually did both so i have 2 image backups one .img (from menu backup) and a .yas file from using the optiflasher backup (funny thing was optiflasher wouldnt see the .yas file as i was going to use that to flash 2nd box (not sure if file has to have a particual file name?) so i used the .img file (from menu backup)

...however the bouquets on the 1st box i made "adult" visable as it was set as hidden along with PPV however this setting hasnt seemed to copy over when flashing 2nd box.

Methinks you're getting your images mixed up, since the issue you describe is simply impossible. Let me explain why...

In C14.6 release, two 0 byte 'flag' files are present in /var/etc named .bq14 and .bq17 - which tells Autobouquets that the user wants the "Adult" and "Pay per View" bouquets respectively to be Hidden and Locked.

In choosing to have these two bouquets Visible and Unlocked, those two flagfiles vanish from /var/etc

Now you make an image backup from Main > Service > BLUE > RED and flash that backup image to a second DM500. And you're trying to tell me that /var/etc/.bq14 and .bq17 magically reappear all of their own accord? Totally impossible! You can only have flashed the second box with the RELEASE image, rather than your customized backup, in order to obtain this scenario, m8!

Cheers- AL :confused:

Hi AL,
in my bouquets i have 18 categories, adult nor ppv are present there.
now if i go into options from watching a channel blue, blue, yellow, 2(auto bouquet wizard) red (auto bouquet selection)

PPV is no hide+lock
adult >> show

i dont understand why this doesnt show up on the bouquets list?

Hi AL,
in my bouquets i have 18 categories, adult or ppv are not there.
now if i go into options from watching a channel blue, blue, yellow, 2(auto bouquet wizard) red (auto bouquet selection)

PPV is no hide+lock
adult >> show

i dont understand why adult doesnt show up on the bouquets list?

Hi AL,
in my bouquets i have 18 categories, adult or ppv are not there.

PPV is no hide+lock
adult >> show

i dont understand why adult doesnt show up on the bouquets list?

This is not an instant 'on the fly' setting, it's a setting that takes effect the next time AutoBouquets is run, as explained in my previous post.

AL :)

Thanks AL,
i cant seem to fun the autobouquets,

if i press blue and select auto bouquets now does nothing

and if i press blue blue yellow, 2 , yellow (create auto bouquets now!) that does nothing either

The update doesn't matter now, Abu, as the Pub Channel is now back in the stream. Sounds more like a corrupt flash to me...

Save anything personal, reboot the box, then FTP the release image to /tmp

Menu > Service > Blue > Green and so on.

Then SML, then Autobouqs

Cheers- AL :)

Back