DReambox DVB 800se digital satellite receiver with wifi DM800SE dm 800hd 800 SE hd

silvershadow21

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good evening Guys

A long time coming, but in the next few weeks, i intend to bin my glitchy Kryptview box, in favour of a Dreambox Dm800se Hd receiver. Looking at a few online sellers, the option was having this box (which has built in wifi) as per the Title, or the standard 800se (without wifi). I have seen the both online from the same company for around just under £160 quid. Although the box i finally end up getting, i would like it to be HDMI to HDMI connection.

Maybe someone could advise the advantage of having built in wifi on this model.

I am not looking for anything else, other that the ability to watch HD channels etc.
I dont require built in PVR, but having a pretty decent box (good processor is speed is a must).

If you dont mind, i have a couple of questions .

As my computer is an Imac, how easy will it be to FTP over to the box (images,clines,etc). ?

On another matter, i currently dont have any satellite dish installed, and will be requiring the service of a local installer. This may sound a silly question, but what do you actually inform them of your intentions of getting a satellite dish installed (without cable box), pointing to the "astra satellite", when your setting it up with your dreambox ?
As i am looking to join a c/sharing site, this will be ultimate goal.

Hope that made sense

Thanks in advance

Tom

Re: DReambox DVB 800se digital satellite receiver with wifi DM800SE dm 800hd 800 SE h

Good evening Guys

A long time coming, but in the next few weeks, i intend to bin my glitchy Kryptview box, in favour of a Dreambox Dm800se Hd receiver. Looking at a few online sellers, the option was having this box (which has built in wifi) as per the Title, or the standard 800se (without wifi). I have seen the both online from the same company for around just under £160 quid. Although the box i finally end up getting, i would like it to be HDMI to HDMI connection.

Maybe someone could advise the advantage of having built in wifi on this model.

I am not looking for anything else, other that the ability to watch HD channels etc.
I dont require built in PVR, but having a pretty decent box (good processor is speed is a must).

If you dont mind, i have a couple of questions .

As my computer is an Imac, how easy will it be to FTP over to the box (http://images.digitalworldz.co.uk,clines,etc). ?

On another matter, i currently dont have any satellite dish installed, and will be requiring the service of a local installer. This may sound a silly question, but what do you actually inform them of your intentions of getting a satellite dish installed (without cable box), pointing to the "astra satellite", when your setting it up with your dreambox ?
As i am looking to join a c/sharing site, this will be ultimate goal.

Hope that made sense

Thanks in advance

Tom
Hi mate having done your research you will know that dm800se is HDMI out.Also it makes sense to get the integrated wifi less bits sticking out your usb ports.I have this box and can highly recommend it.

as for satellite alignment it is so much easier to do when you have the box as you can install plugins/tools to box to line up/install your dish perfectly.
but just by searching install sky dish i found these.hope they help you.

Installing a Sky dish Installing a Dish

UKSatelliteHelp.co.uk - Satellite Dish Alignment / Setup Calculator 2.0

Satellite Dish Alignment Guide For Sky Digital From Maxview

Re: DReambox DVB 800se digital satellite receiver with wifi DM800SE dm 800hd 800 SE h

Cheers my friend for the links. Will get the dreambox before getting a local installer to put the dish up then.

You mentioned you have the 800se hd, whats the the quality of the HD channels, and is there plenty of them ?.

On another matter, you mentioned it was better to get integrated wifi.
What purpose does wifi provide with the dreambox, if its connected directly to your router when set up ?.

cheers

Tom

Cheers my friend for the links. Will get the dreambox before getting a local installer to put the dish up then.

You mentioned you have the 800se hd, whats the the quality of the HD channels, and is there plenty of them ?.

On another matter, you mentioned it was better to get integrated wifi.
What purpose does wifi provide with the dreambox, if its connected directly to your router when set up ?.

cheers

Tom

Hi mate picture quality is superb my end but i guess it depends alot on the quality of your HD television.But in general picture quality is from dm800se is fantastic.
as for wifi google "card sharing" and you do need net connection to download plugins/updates etc.As for HD channels it depends where you live.
uk freeveiw/sat is about 5 or 6 i think.

Last edited:

HI again
I think my enthusiasm for getting a box quickly led to me looking for the cheapest supplier, and my initial price of around £160 has now lead to me thinking i have been looking a clone box's. I went to the manufacturers website, and looked up their uk distributors , and found 3 suppliers (no names mentioned). With that in mind, i have looked at the spec of the Dreambox 800hd & the dreambox 500hd. As i had mentioned in my earlier post, i dont really require any pvr or the ability of adding a hard drive, its purely for watching the TV.

Would i be better off just getting the 500hd model and save some £££, as the spec of the 800+500 are quite similar in this respect.

Does the 500hd have the same level of images & support available for flashing etc.

Thanks again & best regards

Tom

HI again
I think my enthusiasm for getting a box quickly led to me looking for the cheapest supplier, and my initial price of around £160 has now lead to me thinking i have been looking a clone box's. I went to the manufacturers website, and looked up their uk distributors , and found 3 suppliers (no names mentioned). With that in mind, i have looked at the spec of the Dreambox 800hd & the dreambox 500hd. As i had mentioned in my earlier post, i dont really require any pvr or the ability of adding a hard drive, its purely for watching the TV.

Would i be better off just getting the 500hd model and save some £££, as the spec of the 800+500 are quite similar in this respect.

Does the 500hd have the same level of images & support available for flashing etc.

Thanks again & best regards

Tom

dM800SE As far as i am concerned much better specs and advanced functions,plus if you want to get a drive in the future you have the option.

Back