Dreambox DM800HD SE or not??

Ballbern

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok so I have been looking at the Dreambox DM800HD SE and was just about to buy one when I came across these;

Sunray4 DM800 se SR4 triple tunner with wifi

Tuner:Three-in-One S/C/T, Tuner can be used at the same time.
SSL84 gemini5.1 sim 2.10
The satellite / cable / Terrestrial funciton all work now
build in 300Mbps wireless Lan
Powerful receiver for digital TV and Radio programs.

Package with:
1pcs sunray 800se (with triple tuner) box
1pcs hdmi-hdmi cable
1pcs remoter controller
1pcs power supply 3A (EU/US/AU plug)
1pcs av cable
1pcs scart covert

£124.36 + £25 shipping.

AND

800se with wifi , D6 version with logo Sat model

version D6,
with usb on front pannel and mini flash button on back pannel
400Mhz,
color display ,
allrussian-dm800se-02-01-2011, boot84 ,sim2.10

Package with:
1pcs 800SE receiver box with wifi inside
1pcs hdmi-hdmi cable
1pcs remoter controller
1pcs power supply 3A (EU/US/AU plug)
1pcs av cable
1pcs scart covert

£109.23 + £25 shipping

Are these a better box and if so what one should I go for?? Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
The top one has triple combo tuner and Wifi and works out at roughly 15 pounds more expensive than the non-Wifi and triple tuner version. Basically the only differences are the combo DVB C/S/T tuner (which is pretty useless anyway as you can only use one tuner at a time), and the internal Wifi.

So basically if you need or want Wifi or Combo tuner than spend the extra 15 quid. If you dont need these features than get the D6 version.

The blurb says you can record from one tuner while watching one of the others, so unless you know for certain that this is not true, your statement is incorrect.

Ballbern, you realise this isnt a triple SATELLITE tuner, but 3 single tuners for satellite, terrestrial and cable signals??

really depends on what your requirements are.... id personally choose a vu+ solo clone but the single tuner dm800hdse is a excellent box with fantastic 3rd party support and if you really need a dtt tuner id go with the standard se and use a usb tuner. as @gsmtech says its not a true triple tuner with record 1 and watch another feature. instead of wasting their time with the sr4 the sim2 team should have released a true twin tuner dm800hdse as they would sell like hot cakes imho,regards mdt

Back