dreambox 800se freezes when i try to turn the channel over

Kezzakamkam

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have a dreambox 800se it freezes everytime i try and turn the channel over , now when i first had the box my friend set it up for me he had a few probs when he was installing the bouquets id have tv chasnnels but as soon as the bouquets was in it was saying tuner error and i had nothing he then took it home and got it working with the bouquets but after 2 days i noticed we cant turn the tv over without it freezing and havin digital worldz at the top left hand corner coming on and whilst this is on it wont do a thing i have had a look at the box and it says enigma 2 n a sim 2 and these are what ive found in the settings so far
image digitalworldz v 1.1
openpli 2.1
kernal version 2.6.18
enigma aril 14-2012
can anyone help me as ive contacted him and he doesnt know what to do and its driving us nuts now
im totally new to this so explaing what i have to do would be a great help thanks

Did your friend set up time shifting for you? I find my box slows down if I don't delete the timeshift data from the box from time to time. If not maybe you have crossepg installed? It could be that it's filled the internal memory of the box up and causing problems?

im not sure but i do have something like crossepg on screen in the morning when i turn tv on and the box has to reboot and i dont have all the epg on the channels either now since the error message but he did say it will auto update the epg in a mornin

im not sure but i do have something like crossepg on screen in the morning when i turn tv on and the box has to reboot and i dont have all the epg on the channels either now since the error message but he did say it will auto update the epg in a mornin
I think you are going to have to reflash. But save your details ie Cccam.cfg before you do
Sounds like internal flash has been used for epg data
Get a usb flash drive and point your epg to that.

im not sure but i do have something like crossepg on screen in the morning when i turn tv on and the box has to reboot as all it says for hours is starting convertor or something like that and i dont have all the epg on the channels either now since the error message but he did say it will auto update the epg in a mornin

Can you get into the box settings? Go into crossepg's settings and tell us where it is storing data :)

ok i do have an internal hard drive fitted but how will i reflash it as like i said before everytime my mate put the bouquets in i lost the channels and it said tuner error and ive already told him the probs im having and he said he hadnt a clue as he doesnt use this image or has the box i have he has the older one so im gonna have a go at it myself i did see on here somewhere about freezes n tuner errors i was hoping this would help but dont want to mess it all up

ok i do have an internal hard drive fitted but how will i reflash it as like i said before everytime my mate put the bouquets in i lost the channels and it said tuner error and ive already told him the probs im having and he said he hadnt a clue as he doesnt use this image or has the box i have he has the older one so im gonna have a go at it myself i did see on here somewhere about freezes n tuner errors i was hoping this would help but dont want to mess it all up

To be honest its not difficult
Im not sure of your knowledge level so you need to tell us a thing or two

1 Do you have a c1ine installed in the box?
2 Do you know how to use ftp software Ie flashfxp or filezilla etc
3 whats your set up ie fixed dish or motor and what sat if fixed ie 28,2

Last edited:
i have found crossepg 0.6.2 svn 300
and i got configure in there it says storage device wdc wd3200bevt-6
enable csv no
force epg reload on boot no
download on tune no
scheduled download once a day
scheduled download at 07:00
showas plugin yes
show as extension no