Dreambox 600s + Sky Mini Dish

Mr_Jailer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Here's what I have:

- DM600S (I replaced the tuner from cable to satellite - still has a Gemini Cable image on it)
- 2.5" 80GB IDE HD.
- Sky Mini Dish.
- Sky 1/2 price TV for 12 months (including Sky Sports, Entertainment packs), + unlimited BB, Line rental.
- 1 40" TV downstairs connected to the SKY+ HD box.
- 1 32" Full HD TV in the bedroom connected to Freeview Aeriel in the loft.
- Twin pack 200MBPS TP-Link Homeplugs.

- I've also requested a multi-room set-up for the Free SkyHD box / Free installation that Sky has on offer at present to be installed on Sunday.

- My question is, what / how can I do with my DB and the TV upstairs - just to make use of it, and in particular the PVR feature. I've not used it since Cable went down.

What are the options?

i'd get another cable from the lnb on your mini dish and run it into the bedroom, and get your dreambox hooked up and online and join a card server personally.

i'd get another cable from the lnb on your mini dish and run it into the bedroom, and get your dreambox hooked up and online and join a card server personally.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Would joining a card server involve a fee?

Will I need to run twin coax from the LNB? The DM600S has 2 connectors on the satellite tuner - presumably to view one channel while recording another on the 2.5" hard drive?

Is there a 'pre-prepared' image that I can flash on to the DM600 that is plug & play, connect it to the Home Plug and away I go?

I'm assuming I'll get more channels than what I've already subscribed with Sky (Sports / Entertainment packs etc)?

not that many more channels....unless yours doesnt include the movies... you would expect to pay around £15 a month for access to a card server.. so if your doing sky multi room legititmately i dont see the point as you could add another box for £10 a month unless ive missed something?

Back