dream password help me please

manuelcardiff

Inactive User
Reaction score
maybe some people can help me ,

one man sold me the dreambox 500 for spanish cable provider, but hi sold me the box with password and i can use my dreambox only i can wacht the channels. If i erase the image i cant see nothing because i dont know how he do the emu for it.
i dont know how i can remove the pass o changue.
maybe any one know hi i can do it
thankx

FTP to your box and go to this folder...

/var/tuxbox/config/enigma

There's a file called config

View it (or copy to your PC and open with Wordpad) and look for lines like...

i:/elitedvb/pins/parentallock=
i:/elitedvb/pins/setuplock=

These are hex numbers. Use your windows calculator in Scientific mode, click on Hex, enter the value in your file (last 4 numbers, not with the zeros in front of them), click Dec and that will be your pin.

You could either read around this forum and try different images, or if you can wait till Sunday night, I'll remove the password from the image you've got. I'm off to catch a flight now, so I haven't got time. If anyone else wants to try, you'll need to mount the squashfs image in a working dreambox, extract the files and change the /etc/passwd file. See my NFS mount howto to see how to extract and mount.

Personally I recommend just trying a different image.
Good luck

edit: Maybe I'm mixed up, which password do you mean? Can you ftp or telnet into the box?

LOL...I assumed it was the parental lock/Setup page lock that he's enabled.

Unless he's changed the ftp/telnet password and that's what you mean.

It should be...

username: root
password: dreambox

i cant use nothing because i dont know the password . i can see by ftp telnet because the dcc say
Telnet Connected
FTP Connected
Telnet Disconnected
Telnet login incorrect!

because this man sold the boxes with pass, and if you changue the image you dont know the rsa keys... for wacht the channels.

manuelcardiff you need to clarify which password you want.

What exactly are you trying to do?

hi m8
when you have your dream the original pass is root and dreambox, this password the seller change because hi want you can see the files. and i cant use the dcc enigma web, only i cant send this image with nullmodem but this is buckup image with password.
thankx

im mod in tododream and tezeto gime this buckup but i cant,i have the same nick in tododream in relook section.i will try with tuxcom pluging but i dont know if i can.
the problem with this image is many people paid for it and now everybody cant use the dream, only for wacht the channel and i thing when this provider change the key many people cant see nothing.
thankx any way.

because this provider is new and use nagra2 but when you make the emu you need the rsa key ... and this man sold many dream with password and now everybody asking me about that.

Yes try tuxbox commander if the image has it installed.

/etc/passwd is the file you want.

Why would you pay for an image?

m8 maybe you have any ntl channel list for dream in cardiff wales because i when i searc all channels i dont find any ppv ??
thankx

i have dream cable because im in wales and it working better , im looking for the channel list for my, but dont worry abut that because i will edit the channels with dreambox edit.

about the dream from password, i know if i reflash the image i can put an other one but if i do it i erase the au from this provider .
thank you very much to every buddy and sorry for my bad english.
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
manuelcardiff you need to clarify which password you want.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Sorry m8, only the person that's changed it can tell you.

Or maybe beady will be able to help you when he returns.

I've had a search on tododream.com which is where the image comes from but I suspect it's the seller that's changed it.

There is a member on tododream.com called 'tezeto' so maybe he knows the password.

Last edited:
Yes try tuxbox commander if the image has it installed.

/etc/passwd is the file you want.

Why would you pay for an image?

If you simply want to reflash another image to the box, you can do so with Dreamup and a null modem cable. You don't need to be able to ftp/telnet to a box to be able to reflash it.

Have a read here for guide

So are you trying to get the dreambox working on uk cable on Cardiff? If so, I'll move this thread to the cable section.

The symbol rate you need to scan on is 6887.

You won't get any cable channels if you are using a DM500s, you will need a DM500C for cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I'm confused. Has this been fixed? The image you've attached just looks like a fairly standard gemini one. I haven't looked too hard, but the password is definitely 'dreambox'. Are you sure this is the one from the box you've got?

edit: Ignore me, I was being stupid. I forgot about the jffs2 partition. I've extracted it and changed the password to 'dreambox'. Just got to figure out how to re-compress it safely for flashing and I'll post an updated image for you.

Last edited:
Here you go mate, I've changed the password to 'dreambox' as per the default. Everything else should be the same.

Good luck

Here's another solution...found it on another forum, not my discovery.

If your image has the Tuxbox Commander plugin installed (TuxCom) you can browse the filesystem on the box.

Edit the passwrd file in /var/etc and replace the root entry with...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Save and reboot.

Last edited:
That's what I did. lol. But how do you 'edit' it? If you don't know the password, you can't ftp/telnet/web interface into the box to do any editing. That's why (as far as I know) you've got to extract the partition and do it my way. Once it's extracted, I did exactly what you say, but you can't do it without extracting to a different machine first.

That's what I did. lol. But how do you 'edit' it? If you don't know the password, you can't ftp/telnet/web interface into the box to do any editing. That's why (as far as I know) you've got to extract the partition and do it my way. Once it's extracted, I did exactly what you say, but you can't do it without extracting to a different machine first.

LOL...forgot the vital part :Laugh:

Edited post above. You use the Tuxbox Commander plugin. Most images have this installed as standard.

Edited post above. You use the Tuxbox Commander plugin. Most images have this installed as standard.
You learn something new every day. :) Thanks Devilfish. Unfortunately, tuxbox commander doesn't seem to be in the TeZeTo image (maybe the trader removed it to prevent this sort of thing). Good to know there's an editor on a dreambox though. And I haven't tried downloading addons from within the TeZeTo image, so maybe that would work too.

Thanks again for the info.

found this that may be of use, to completley remove passwords

- Install and run TuxBox Commander plugin

- Change directory to edit /var/etc/passwd (type 4: "Edit")

- Remove the encrypted password.
In the file /etc/passwd is the line:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
or something as
root:EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
The password field is the x or the encrypted string
EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW
Delete the x or the whole string. The line now is:
root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

- Save the file and exit

- Telnet to your DB with root user without password

- Change/Create immediately a new root password with password