dram timing too tight on restart

has anybody seen or heard of it

is there a way around this or a fix as i am completely lost

thanks in advance

cheers

Reddevil said:
what you mean, the mainboard is identfying memory as wrong speed

thanks for the reply

i have no idea m8 just keeps getting that up when i reset it and sometimes it dont even come on but if i leave it off for 10 minutes then turn it on its fine

is this some sort of warning that my pc is on its way out or something like it

cheers

Not knowing what mobo or RAM you've got it sounds like the CAS latency is set to high for the RAM you have.

With in you mobo BIOS there should be a setting to reset the mobo to default settings, find it, do it, and see what happens.

Peace

CR.

carbonrough said:
Not knowing what mobo or RAM you've got it sounds like the CAS latency is set to high for the RAM you have.

With in you mobo BIOS there should be a setting to reset the mobo to default settings, find it, do it, and see what happens.

Peace

CR.

thanks me for the reply

i went into the bios and default settings and saved but still no joy samething

im so confused lol

its the MSI K8MM3

if that helps anyone

please dont forget im a newbie when it comes down to bios lol

cheers

... have you just fitted new RAM to your mobo?

... one or two pieces of RAM on the mobo?

... what type of RAM? (PCPC3200/DDR400, PC2700/DDR333 or PC2100/DDR266)

... is this a new mobo? using old RAM?

Questions questions ;-)

Peace

CR.

Last edited:
carbonrough said:
... have you just fitted new RAM to your mobo?

... one or two pieces of RAM on the mobo?

... what type of RAM? (PCPC3200/DDR400, PC2700/DDR333 or PC2100/DDR266)

... is this a new mobo? using old RAM?

Questions questions ;-)

Peace

CR.

to be honest it has been running smoothly for a year and no i have not changed anything at all

apart from i took the heatsink and fan off to give a good clean but it was saying that message before that someone told me take them off and give them a good clean and i did and it was full rammed of crap but all clear now

so why am i still getting these stupid error messages lol

thanks for all your help m8 as well

cheers

...... yeah great when they're working :Chainsaw:

... could you confirm that the DRam timings in the BIOS are set to AUTO by going to : Advanced Chipset Features > DRAM timings > Timing Mode [AUTO]

within the DRAM timings menu you could try swaping 1T/2T Memory Timing option.

Remember to save & exit (F10) after EACH change, don't make numerous changes then save & exit.

After all that and it don't work ..... could be a faulty chunk of RAM. If you've got two chunks of RAM on the mobo, remove one, power up the PC and see what happens, if it powers up with no error then the chunk of RAM you took out is faulty, if not swap them and truy again. If that don't work borrow a chunk of RAM and try again :FRIGHT:

WARNING - Remeber to power down the PC and unplug from the mains before removing any item from a mobo, as there's still current going to the PC.

Hope that helps :)

Peace

CR.

just found this
------------------------------------------------------
DDR REF. Voltage defenition:

normally the DDR ref voltage is half of DDR voltage
Example if DDR voltage is 2.6, the ref=1.3V
Ref voltage is for the DRAM contorller in the CPU to decide if the data is 1 or 0.
Example the ref Voltage is 1.3, if the data voltage on the DRAM bus is over 1.3V then contorller will write 1 to DRAM location if the voltage do not reach 1.3V that means ....data is 0

Know you ask yourself why is this a option in the overclock menu:

You can supertweak your memory with it.
Sometimes we can lower the DRAM ref voltage to match a tight DRAM timing settings...
Because DRAM is like a capacitor.. if timing is too short ...they can not rise so we target voltage to target voltage.... if we lower ref voltage as like from 1.3 to 1.2V, then controller will be able to detect a correct data at a tight DRAM timing
------------------------------------------------------------
do you have a setting to drop the voltage to 1.2V ?

not up on playing with the bios myself

Have Fun

Back