[DOWNLOAD] SkyLookingSetup4Vix

I've now released v2 of this with new improved features/functionality.

Please see v2 here.

Last edited:
Hi will this work on my zgemma star 2s. I am new to this and I already have a sly looking skin but it is really slow loading the epg. Thanks

This will work with the S2 but it will not make it work faster that is because the specs of the S2 are slow speed i'm afraid.

There is a new S2 (not sure of exact model) that is out or soon to be out that is a faster box.

Ok thanks. I only just bought it as well. Not sure how to download this. I only just joined the forum

5 good none spam type posts then you need to wait 24hrs for the forum to update you download privileges .

My mate has a xtrend et9500 running vix, not sure which version but should be quite current as he's just bought it from shop (world of satellite), would he be ok with this skin?

Yes it will be.

You're best with newer, v2, as new options.

Remember to read OP as you need to install OpenVix-Blue-HD skin first before installing v2 plugin.

Yes it will be.

You're best with newer, v2, as new options.

Remember to read OP as you need to install OpenVix-Blue-HD skin first before installing v2 plugin.

Yeah, he definitely doesn't have that skin as I set it up for him.
So I install blue HD skin.... Then sly skin.... Both via ftp? That correct?
Also does v2 correct the saving the picons to flash?

Yes, install BlueHD skin but from plugin feeds and then install skylookingsetup4vix plugin which just installs a working mg_cfg file and mods the EPG to allow channel numbers on epg and allow you to choose what you want the 4 coloured buttons to do rather than accept the default and limited option without this plugin.

This plugin has to be FTP'd over to "tmp" folder but the skin is available from plugin feeds to download.

No, the picons are still installed to root as most boxes have room for them on root only really old dream multimedia boxes that don't. I plan on removing that on next release.

If you don't want to use picons or want them elsewhere then either delete the picon folder or move it to either USB or HDD if that's what you prefer.

Remember to use v2 rather than original v1.

Yes, install BlueHD skin but from plugin feeds and then install skylookingsetup4vix plugin which just installs a working mg_cfg file and mods the EPG to allow channel numbers on epg and allow you to choose what you want the 4 coloured buttons to do rather than accept the default and limited option without this plugin.

This plugin has to be FTP'd over to "tmp" folder but the skin is available from plugin feeds to download.

No, the picons are still installed to root as most boxes have room for them on root only really old dream multimedia boxes that don't. I plan on removing that on next release.

If you don't want to use picons or want them elsewhere then either delete the picon folder or move it to either USB or HDD if that's what you prefer.

Remember to use v2 rather than original v1.

Thank you, great guide and will update on the progress.
Have to do it remotely as he lives far away! Ha

Back