Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[DOWNLOAD] Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed

Hi ketmp, To say the least I have tried all my friend even the serial com1 wont work anymore so there is a problem buddy. last try was the open pli4 and yes it went into the box fine, but again as soon as i got the channels on and went to a free to air channel it locked up and. I feel as the serial is not working for me anymore and the locking of the tuner on the first channel i try, then i would say there is a hardware error as to fix this it would mean jtag and maybe even a new chip and to be fair my friend on both counts i am not going there.
I have used the vu solo2 clone for 2 years and i can only say that its my own fault for even thinking about trying a later image, it was running fantastic with blackhole 2.1.1 from the vu xteam site, so its just me trying to update to a later image and thats where all the games started to the point of brickin the box.
My opinion is when a image is realeasd it should be fully tested before it is released because i do like to use the blackhole image's and that image posted here in the downloads needs to be removed > Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed where as said and proven there is a bug in the image for setting up via the remote and it just dont work.
There for the Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed should be removed until it is working 100%.

Kind Regards Talks.

If the images are flashing but the box then locks it sounds like an hardware issue.

Could be overheating take the lid off to see if that helps

Hi Ferret, my friend you just put a smile on my face :)
i have spent 24hrs on the box lol even removed the harddrive ran test while the lid was off and still no joy. even rolled back to older image's didnt work bud same problem every time.

At This point I would be glad to get some help on a fix EG: new chip and jtag the box if there just happens to be a good guy local to me i live in worcestershire so west midlands UK and would be greatfull if anyone here could help me out with what i feel is deffo a bricked box.

Kind regards Talks.

Last edited:
The image has been removed but it wasn't the image that caused your problem. You can still flash other images after flashing this one as I did. I believe your problem was made worse by com flashing. A few have reported problems after flashing the v4 update and it's not known why especially as majority have had no problems.

I personally advise against v4 flash update unless prepared to take a chance.

It's not bricked unless you have no activity at all (ie doesn't go through motions of flashing).

I did read that replacing flash chip makes no difference but replacing rs232 worked - well at least for one person.

Hi Ferret, my friend you just put a smile on my face :)
i have spent 24hrs on the box lol even removed the harddrive ran test while the lid was off and still no joy. even rolled back to older image's didnt work bud same problem every time.

At This point I would be glad to get some help on a fix EG: new chip and jtag the box if there just happens to be a good guy local to me i live in worcestershire so west midlands UK and would be greatfull if anyone here could help me out with what i feel is deffo a bricked box.

Kind regards Talks.

It dose not need jtag or new chip as your box is taking images.

There is a hardware fault here some thing breaking down.

The next thing to try is a new PSU

It dose not need jtag or new chip as your box is taking images.

There is a hardware fault here some thing breaking down.

The next thing to try is a new PSU
Hi Ferret, The box is a Lonrison vu+solo2 my friend and taking the lid off the psu is part of the main board so i dont think the psu can be replaced.
regards Talks.

Hi Ferret, The box is a Lonrison vu+solo2 my friend and taking the lid off the psu is part of the main board so i dont think the psu can be replaced.
regards Talks.

Lonrison clone here no internal PSU

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/vu-...elp-me-identify-solo2.html?highlight=lonrison

I thought dragonworth had the internal psu i could have it the wrong way round, if yours has internal there must be a supplier of the part. The one i thought was dragonworth had a separate bord.

@Ferret, the freezing and e2 spinner when scanning channels are normall associated with the v4 flash problem that effects odd few people after flashing with v4 flash update. I thought @Talks only had channel freeze after flashing with v4 update

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferret, the freezing and e2 spinner when scanning channels are normall associated with the v4 flash problem that effects odd few people after flashing with v4 flash update. I thought @Talks only had channel freeze after flashing with v4 update
Hi ketmp, by any chance is there a way to sort this problem out can i go back to v2 or is the box bricked any thoughts at all here because i feel i have tried most things. the channel opens and does not freeze but from there i cannot do anything at all remote seems blocked i can ftp to the box and look at the files ect ect so shurly there could well be a way to sort out this problem as in the com 1 seems dead the rest is as said, the channel is working but the spinner stays on screen there for the box is locked up.
Do the lonresin guys make a image as a firmware release is there any image that can take me back to the lonresin original firware anything i am happy to try.
thanks.
regards Talks.

Hi ketmp, by any chance is there a way to sort this problem out can i go back to v2 or is the box bricked any thoughts at all here because i feel i have tried most things. the channel opens and does not freeze but from there i cannot do anything at all remote seems blocked i can ftp to the box and look at the files ect ect so shurly there could well be a way to sort out this problem as in the com 1 seems dead the rest is as said, the channel is working but the spinner stays on screen there for the box is locked up.
Do the lonresin guys make a image as a firmware release is there any image that can take me back to the lonresin original firware anything i am happy to try.
thanks.
regards Talks.

Unless there has been a change recently you can not go back to V2

@Talks, my sunray solo2 has exactly the same symptoms as you mentioned when I try viewing or scanning for channels when I use lonrison images (with lonrison drivers). If I swap back to sunray images, I'm fine.

This is why I believe it's the security chip corrupt or something now since you v4 flashed it so doesn't recognise v4 drivers like it once did.

Someone did say a new nand flash chip didn't solve the problem but someone did say they managed to solve problem by getting a new rs232 com board for it!

This isn't an image related issue nor is your box bricked.

Apart from maybe trying to source a replacement rs232 com board I'm unsure what other options are available i'm sorry to say.

@Talks, my sunray solo2 has exactly the same symptoms as you mentioned when I try viewing or scanning for channels when I use lonrison images (with lonrison drivers). If I swap back to sunray images, I'm fine.

This is why I believe it's the security chip corrupt or something now since you v4 flashed it so doesn't recognise v4 drivers like it once did.

Someone did say a new nand flash chip didn't solve the problem but someone did say they managed to solve problem by getting a new rs232 com board for it!

This isn't an image related issue nor is your box bricked.

Apart from maybe trying to source a replacement rs232 com board I'm unsure what other options are available i'm sorry to say.
Hi ketmp,
I feel its a hardware problem also my friend. I do feel your right about the rs232 com board, to be totaly honest with you guys I have had 2 good years out of the box and as the images get more towards original boxs i think i have had a good run. So its going to see my 20oz hammer and then the dustbin :) I do have good reasons for giving up with this clone Lonrison that made the box, because there support has been a compleat disgrace to the users of there sales, & to go one step further the box is no longer in product So it would be very stupid of me to spend money on the box and not really having any good support from the VU X website.

I would like to thank every one here that has given me answers even thou i did not succeed, its great to see you guys giving a hand in trying to find solutions.

Thanks to all here.

Kind Regards Talks.

If you're looking at another vu clone then sunray solo2 accepts original images, well mine does, and is still fully supported with latest images and driver patches.

@Talks, can you remember (even approximately) when you got your solo2 box and was it brand new at the time?

@Talks, can you remember (even approximately) when you got your solo2 box and was it brand new at the time?
Hi ketmp, My friend i can remember exactly when i got the stb clone it was the end of october 2013 and it was sold as new from Lws in china, I know what you are thinking and i did think the same so i did have a chat with Lws and found it was still under there 2 year garantee so i thought well ill send it back and let them sort it out, in fact they are very helpfull meaning Lws and they said they will sort it out or send a replacement as its out of production they will probebly have a few kicking around in there warehouse. I know its a crap Lonrison but i thought why not and even asked them to please make shure it is with the updated V4 when they return it either fixed or replaced. So hopefully all should be good when i get it back.

Regards Talks.

Back