[DOWNLOAD] Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed

ketmp

Satellite Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloads: A new file has been added by ketmp:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD >>>>> Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed

Open BlackHole 0.1 (build 19/06/15)
(For Lonrison v4 flashed Solo2 clones only)

Due to these drivers being old (no newer drivers available), features such as XBMC, animated screens, 1080 skins and support for new gstreamer will not work and/or may have been removed.

I recommend backing up your current image first before flashing with this image and I recommend not doing a restore of any previous settings.

These drivers have the drivers confirmed as clone-safe (with v4 flashed boxes).

Online updating is possible as this image has SpaceRat's triple driver protection (driver version patch, drivers write-protected and opkg wrapper) already applied but I still advise against doing an online update. Any updates done are at your own risk!

I take no responsibility for any bricked boxes or other problems due to using this image. Use this image at your own risk!

KNOWN ISSUES: Some skins cause a crash and reboot loop. I'm unsure if this is due to the image or something else. Please ensure you backup image prior to changing skins.

I would like to thank @SpaceRat for his support in aiding removal of image features not supported due to Lonrison-safe drivers being old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings.
I installed the image.
It does not work the remote control to enter characters.
I could not find where to recover disabled option.
The image is useless.

Yes hello to all here
even i have loaded this image and found the same problem the remote numbers do not work how can one setup the satellites with north and east, longitude and latitude needs to put in the numers and it wont work??
regards Talks.

I don't use open BH (or BH) for that matter i'm afraid.

I'm unsure if this is a image issue or a problem when this image is basically down converted due to really old drivers that work with Lonrison clones.

Can you tune into fixed satellites like 28.2?

I'm unsure if this is a image issue or a problem when this image is basically down converted due to really old drivers that work with Lonrison clones.

yes that is not a problem it will go to the satellite where the dish is as defualt so in my case it would be hotbird, i doubt very much i would be able to stear the dish to astra 28 after i have finished downloading the sat fixed to hotbird i think it would have to be a must do with the romote pad numbers so the longitude and latitude can be put in and stored or it just wont move the dish as a motorized system and usals.

regards Talks.

- - - Updated - - -

yes that is not a problem it will go to the satellite where the dish is as defualt so in my case it would be hotbird, i doubt very much i would be able to stear the dish to astra 28 after i have finished downloading the sat fixed to hotbird i think it would have to be a must do with the romote pad numbers so the longitude and latitude can be put in and stored or it just wont move the dish as a motorized system and usals.

regards Talks.

If the admins here, could possibly let the file maker know about this problem then hopefully he can have a look and see where the bug is inside his file and fix it with a bit of luck.

Kind Regards Talks.

Need to confirm that this bug is an image problem first or because it's been downgraded for lonrison users.

Can you post your problem on open BH official support site forum and see what they say. Just don't mention you have a clone.

Need to confirm that this bug is an image problem first or because it's been downgraded for lonrison users.

Can you post your problem on open BH official support site forum and see what they say. Just don't mention you have a clone.
Hi ketmp, My friend i also own a VU+ duo2 original this has the open blackhole image installed and is working well, but i know that i cannot use this for the vu solo2 clone as we all know the drivers would kill the vu solo2 clone, is there any way a tester could please try what i am saying and see if it is the image that has this bug, I have tried the open pli4 for the vu solo2 clone and this my friend works well with no problems at all. I do feel that it can only be a bug and needs to be cleaned out so the remote control works as it should do.
Kind Regards Talks.

I don't have a motorised system but would I be able to try entering these details? If so, how and where?

I don't have a motorised system but would I be able to try entering these details? If so, how and where?
Hi ketmp,
ok this is the way to try and get the tuner A to setup as usals,
1 menu.
2 setup
3 serch
4 tuner configuration
5 simple
6 positiner.
and then you will see the details in that page you will see longitude and latitude
please see if you can put in the numbers via the remote.

thanks.
Regards Talks.

You're correct, key entry isn't working.

I can confirm that original image works fine also.

I don't know why but suspect a problem when image was downgraded to work with the only Lonrison drivers available.

I've decided that this image should be removed as it may have had other problems as well when downgraded in addition to the known problem of boot loop when installing some skins.

I thought it was unusual because BH itself has problems when being downgraded hence why no newer version of BH. It would appear Open BH as well is suffering from same problem as BH does and that is because XBMC is integrated into the image rather than as a plugin like other images.

Sorry for wasting your time. Can I suggest you try another image for your lonrison solo2.

As much as i would love to bud but ive bricked the bloody thing trying to find a fix
so it is looking like its going in the dustbin now.

regards Talks.

As much as i would love to bud but ive bricked the bloody thing trying to find a fix
so it is looking like its going in the dustbin now.

regards Talks.
The drivers included in this image have been patched. What did you do to brick it?

It's only bricked if nothing on screen (if you're using a solo2 with display) and you only have a dim coloured colour on front.

The drivers included in this image have been patched. What did you do to brick it?

It's only bricked if nothing on screen (if you're using a solo2 with display) and you only have a dim coloured colour on front.
Ketmp i did what the guys say but it still did not work and to try and find out why i tried the V4 update solo2 to see if that was the problem. and as we know to do a update is via the com port1 so did that and boom its all gone pete tong since, what is happening if you can follow this your a star buddy, I get the usb on and all good with blachole 2.1.1 which is from the vu x team site and loaded ok, now i go thru all the setup and all good then i upload the sats all good so far then as soon as i go to veiw a free to air channel to make sure all is ok it goes to the free to air channel all good >>> and then get a locked box nothing on remote works nothing at all its like the tuner drivers or hardware problem it just wont do nothing apart from giving me the freeto air channel which has sound and working >> but the blue spinner on top left hand side is spinning and the box is locked up so there it is and ive tried other clone safe images and still doing exactly the same every time as said, if there is a fix for this then i aint found it anywhere i feel its a dead box unless some one has the answer.
regards Talks.

It's not bricked if you can flash fine and your problem is just freezing whilst doing something with tuner (ie viewing channel or scanning, etc). I've noticed my sunray do this with lonrison image (with drivers patched to avoid brick). I believe this is the built-in security chip not recognising the drivers and refusing to work to avoid a possible time/date sync. This is a guess though.

I think whatever you tried to do via com port may have done something.

Please confirm what you tried to flash via com port and if your box is Solo2 or a Solo2 SE and which image(s) you're trying.

It's not bricked if you can flash fine and your problem is just freezing whilst doing something with tuner (ie viewing channel or scanning, etc). I've noticed my sunray do this with lonrison image (with drivers patched to avoid brick). I believe this is the built-in security chip not recognising the drivers and refusing to work to avoid a possible time/date sync. This is a guess though.

I think whatever you tried to do via com port may have done something.

Please confirm what you tried to flash via com port and if your box is Solo2 or a Solo2 SE and which image(s) you're trying.
ok i used the com port 1 to try and get the solo2 V4 upgrade which is what the file is for.
since then i can still load a image but as said it just locks up after going thru all the setting
the box is a vu+ solo2
regards Talks.

It's been reported that some people have had problems after using the v4 flash update. It's not fully known why tbh.

Could you try flashing with this image.

Also, this thread might be best for your v4 update problem from others with same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
ketmp,
if it could well be the security chip how can i get that fixed please? because what is happening now is when i scan the satellite it stops on 8% 172 channels found and wont raise from there.
regards Talks.

ketmp,
if it could well be the security chip how can i get that fixed please? because what is happening now is when i scan the satellite it stops on 8% 172 channels found and wont raise from there.
regards Talks.
Not much because Lonrison don't (and haven't) supported their solo2 users for a long time.

Try that image I posted and failing that you could try flashing the v4 update again. I would see that other thread for more info and what people have actually tried, etc.

Not much because Lonrison don't (and haven't) supported their solo2 users for a long time.

Try that image I posted and failing that you could try flashing the v4 update again. I would see that other thread for more info and what people have actually tried, etc.
Hi ketmp, To say the least I have tried all my friend even the serial com1 wont work anymore so there is a problem buddy. last try was the open pli4 and yes it went into the box fine, but again as soon as i got the channels on and went to a free to air channel it locked up and. I feel as the serial is not working for me anymore and the locking of the tuner on the first channel i try, then i would say there is a hardware error as to fix this it would mean jtag and maybe even a new chip and to be fair my friend on both counts i am not going there.
I have used the vu solo2 clone for 2 years and i can only say that its my own fault for even thinking about trying a later image, it was running fantastic with blackhole 2.1.1 from the vu xteam site, so its just me trying to update to a later image and thats where all the games started to the point of brickin the box.
My opinion is when a image is realeasd it should be fully tested before it is released because i do like to use the blackhole image's and that image posted here in the downloads needs to be removed > Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed where as said and proven there is a bug in the image for setting up via the remote and it just dont work.
There for the Open BlackHole 0.1 for Lonrison v4 flashed should be removed until it is working 100%.

Kind Regards Talks.

Back