Doner Kebab 'inventor' dies in Berlin

I will say in line with the article, having had donar kebab in Germany several times that they don't use pitta bread but rather a flat brad which I found to be better at soaking up the grease.

I will bow to your opinion on that @oneman I assume by flat bread you mean unleavened bread as pitta bread is slightly leavened and I have never had a kebab using anything other than pitta (and only Shish Kebab as Donar has never appealed to me, although my kids like them).
By the way I was not rubbishing your post, as Kadir Nurman is cited as being the "inventor" of the Donar Kebab in numerous publications, and there are no doubt numerous others who will also claim that particular crown to themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the idea of stuffing strips of cooked mince in bread of some type has been around for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit like trying to find the origins of that great British dish, Chicken Tikka Masala.

There are various claims to how and where it originated.

It's a bit like trying to find the origins of that great British dish, Chicken Tikka Masala.

There are various claims to how and where it originated.

I've managed to avoid kebabs (success?), chicken does need gravy (Tikka Masala), Spag Bol is NOT Italian - sorry ;)

Back