Domain Hosting

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey

I'm looking to set up a blog and looking in to best hosting package on avarage how much disk space do you think a blog will take which will consist of daily posts. i'm looked at 1and1 hosting but they packages seem limited witht the MYSQL databases limits to 100mb. Also shared hosting is a must so any reccomendations on hosting companies aswell. EUKhost and Justhost seem to be on top of my list

When I downgraded my co-lo servers I went with TSOHost - never looked back. They've got a new hybrid system now which will let you switch between Windows, Linux, or the best of both. Small Linux setup should more than be suffice for your needs

Check out Easily.co.uk as well, personally I think they are the best for performance and customer service plus they are a UK company. I'm with hostgator but I only went with them as my web developer was familiar with them but they seem to be doing a good job so far.

I can offer various custom hosting plans from my Dedicated Server.

- 30MB Disk Space
- 1GB Bandwidth
- 5 Email Accounts
- 50MB Disk Space
- 5GB Bandwidth
- 10 Email Accounts
- C Panel

I believe this would be more than sufficient for a Blog.

£2.50 p/m

Or

- 50MB Disk Space
- 5GB Bandwidth
- 10 Email Accounts
- 50MB Disk Space
- 5GB Bandwidth
- 10 Email Accounts
- C Panel

£5.00 p/m

I can offer like I say custom packages but will not be offering services such as VPS I may consider reseller packages I've only recently thought about selling hosting.

My server costs quite a bit each month, it would be nice to recoup a few quid from it.
I don't currently have WHMCS installed on my server but it is an option to automate payments ect.

Last edited:
Check out Easily.co.uk as well, personally I think they are the best for performance and customer service plus they are a UK company.
I've 2 of my domains registered with Easily.

I do like that the domain cost includes upto 20 'virtual' mailboxes. Especially as yahoo allows me to send an email as though it where sent from the domain email address.
In fact if I'm reading this thread correctly Munkey has just gone with them...
I'm with hostgator but I only went with them as my web developer was familiar with them but they seem to be doing a good job so far.

Guess I didn't read that right then ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with 1and1 for years and never had any problems.

For £1.99 per month you can have,

250mb disk space
3gb bandwidth
5 subdomains
20 pop3 email addresses
2gb mailbox
250 email aliases

and for £4.99 per month (after 3 months free)

1.5gb disk space
20gb bandwidth
1 co.uk domain name
50 subdomains
400 pop 3 email accounts
2gb mailbox
500 email aliases
free software
1and1 blog creator

Back