Guides and Info How to get Docker running on your Raspberry Pi using Windows

fus10n

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a way to get my old raspberry pi to be useful( the original pi that is) and i found an easy way to do what i wanted and that was to install Docker so i can use experiment with wordpress and other cms. I'm posting as i thought it might be useful for someone?

Here's a bit about Docker if you don't know what it is:-

What the heck is Docker and why would I use it?

Docker simplifies the packaging, distribution, installation and execution of (complex) applications.

In this context, applications are:

These kinds of applications usually consist of many components which need to be installed and configured. This is often a time consuming and frustrating experience for users.

Docker allows administrators or developers to package these applications into something called containers. Containers are self-contained, preconfigured packages that a user can fetch and run with just a single command. By keeping different software components separated in containers they can also be easily updated or removed without influencing each other. There are many more advantages of using Docker; the details of which can be found in the official Docker Documentation.
Guide here for windows here

Other instructions for getting started using other operating systems

Last edited:
The only thing I use my Pi for is logging all my router stats from DSLSTATS and FTPing them to my NAS.

I use mine for Pi-hole (best thing its used for so far!)

If I can get docker installed and running a program i need, then i thing I will be a very happy man.

I'm kinda stuck. I successfully installed the docker but can't for the life of me find out how to install something on to it.....

ok, found another tutorial using hypriot

changed this bit in the instructions

1. sudo easy_install --upgrade pip
  2. sudo pip uninstall docker docker-compose -y
  3. sudo pip install docker==2.3.0
  4. sudo pip install docker-compose==1.14.0

to:-
  1. sudo easy_install --upgrade pip
  2. sudo pip uninstall docker docker-compose -y
  3. sudo pip install docker==3.2.1
  4. sudo pip install docker-compose==1.21.0

here