Dog Farts

The Bouncer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bit of a stupid 1 but hey

My staffy has been farting like mad recently and they make you feel :sick: lol
Is there anything I can buy to get them to not smell as bad, he hasn't had his food changed or anything so dunno what causing them to stink

Is there anything I can buy to get them to not smell as bad, he hasn't had his food changed or anything so dunno what causing them to stink

Erm if there is let me know my pup jumps on the sofa curls up next to me and let's rip. Not only does it stink it's loud like a humans lol

one of these might help lol

21006.jpg

This is often down to the food you are feeding it, if it is corn based this increases the gas in the stomach.

If this is the case try adding a couple of spoons of plain yoghurt to the feed.

try this it should work

Just got it off the missus and its stopped the farts but he is fillin up fast, think he gonna explode lol. And yh heard something about the biscuits with charcoal but wasn't sure.

Also my pup is exactly the same, curls up, farts, either looks at me or my other dog and hen wanders upstairs and runs outside

Do wot Eva said n give him the charcoal feed.When its mixed with his flammable gas u got an All-In-One Barbecue! The little fella could be fully booked at weekends this time of year!

Charcoal biscuits are medicinal, edible biscuits made with activated charcoal. Never to be confused with charcoal briquettes, which are used for grilling foods outdoors and are not eaten, charcoal biscuits are made with food grade charcoal and are eaten to help relieve bloating and/or pain from flatulence, heartburn and stomach upset. Charcoal biscuits are sold in many health food stores.

The activated charcoal found in charcoal biscuits is a type of charcoal that is oxidized at a high temperature with steam or air. The oxidation process allows the charcoal to absorb three times better than regular charcoal. This absorption quality is important as charcoal biscuits are designed to relieve pain and discomfort in the lower body by collecting excess gas in the bowels and stomach. Activated charcoal used for food and medicinal purposes is produced from natural items including wood, coconut shells, olive pits, peat and bamboo. Activated charcoal used to make charcoal biscuits usually comes in either granular or fine powder.

Food grade activated charcoal must have certification by the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP). Charcoal used in consumable products should have no taste or odor. Activated charcoal is black in color and may cause black stools. Many people find that eating some charcoal biscuits helps relieve some of the discomfort caused by indigestion and gas. Hospital emergency rooms also use charcoal biscuits for some cases of food poisoning, but people should never try to treat themselves if food poisoning is expected as large quantities of charcoal biscuits may be needed and medical professionals should monitor high charcoal ingestion.

Veterinarians may recommend charcoal dog biscuits to help canine gassiness problems and/or cases of "doggie breath." Dogs should eat only the charcoal biscuits made for dogs and not the kind made for humans. Dogs should eat small rather than large quantities of charcoal biscuits, but veterinarian approval should first be obtained. Charcoal may interfere with a dog's absorption of other nutrients.

yep ur right.Has to be activated charcoal - as used in lots of filtration systems be it air,water or various fluids/gases

Back