Does anyone have a soltuion to the dreambox key change

knobby

Inactive User
Reaction score
having the same problem as everyone else. Do we have a solution to this key change

people are getting heated

hey guys i see some of the other forums are getting a bit hot and heavy.

i cannot say i am a main soltuion solver on this site (not even close), but i have helped several people enter the world of dreambox.

if anyone has any suugestions to the problem i would appreciate your help

The problem is that the cam has failed to handle a valid Emm properly. The fix is actually quite simple to implement BUT it requires the cam source code which, unfortunately, tends not to be public.

My Dreambox is still fine, is this regional?

is there a solution

can i get a new set of keys to solve this issue

can i get a new set of keys to solve this issue

You could potentially update the keys manually but the cam is broken as far as auto-update is concerned.

You could try different cam's. One of them may handle this particular keyroll type.

If you decide to manually update then you will have to stop the Emm processor in the cam. This can usually be done from the cam control file by using an option to disable AU or Emm processing. You could possibly also delete the Nagra Rom images.

The new keyroll method was never used via satellite before.
I doubt there is any dreambox emu which cover that method.

hey mbg

how are you dude,

you helped me out before.

what is the bottom line with this???

Wait for a new emu??

Is there anything i can do to assist??

Wasn't it just the other day that we (atleast i was) were discussing the Dreambox's reliabilty? :)

lol

:blushing:

lol

well I was going to make a comment but resisted the urge.

People had this old war once before on forums over cards (TITs were better than FUN) - then they got hit. then opos.

I always said it was possible to knock off all linux based and I rest my case.

As for best support, I guess it's down to the authors of the softcams to decide that.

Not that it affects me, but personally I hope they do fix it.

how is it,that it was just the dreambox,dbox2 etc that were hit yet the modded cc boxes are fine and the likes of the starview are updating no problem?

how is it,that it was just the dreambox,dbox2 etc that were hit yet the modded cc boxes are fine and the likes of the starview are updating no problem?

Modded boxes use real ROM cards mate, not emulated ones.

No idea how the Starview etc is still working (is it?) as they emulate aswell.

yeah the box-t didnt even go down last night thats where i got the keys for the chor*s keylist its strange

I'm reading reports that it all depends on your chosen emu, seemingly some emus are still working quite happily, Evocam users seem to be the worst of, others using Mgcam and a few others are still fine.

I don't know if there is any substance to these claims, so don't quote me on it.

I'm reading reports that it all depends on your chosen emu, seemingly some emus are still working quite happily, Evocam users seem to be the worst of, others using Mgcam and a few others are still fine.

I don't know if there is any substance to these claims, so don't quote me on it.

I got some time now to test, I will load up dw2 and test all the cams.

LOL @ rickets what did you do mate have a fight with her on purpose so you could test the cams

To be honest mate I reckon you're wasting your time, but atleast we'll know the truth after you do your research. :)

Back