Do You Use CoolTvGuide And..........

With Or Without Picons

• Keep Reference Picons In CooTvGuide

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Go SNP CoolTvGuide Is OK Without Picons

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Ive mapped the red button to take you into epg :) its the coloured buttons while in the epg Id like to map
At present they are
Red = Zap
Green = Timer
Yellow = List Mode
Blue = PrimeTime
These are what Id like to change :)

lol

So what does the EPG button now do on your remote ? :proud:

@Ferret there is no EPG button on the Sunray Remote hence mapping red button ;) unless its hidden within another button?

As I explained its more the buttons whilst in the epg that I would like changing as imo apart from the Green = Timer the others serve no real day to day purposes

Attachments

• 1pcs-Sunray-VU-remote-control-Remote-Control-For-Sunray-Vu-solo-Sunray-Vu-solo2-Mini-solo.jpg
    1pcs-Sunray-VU-remote-control-Remote-Control-For-Sunray-Vu-solo-Sunray-Vu-solo2-Mini-solo.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferret there is no EPG button on the Sunray Remote hence mapping red button ;) unless its hidden within another button?

As I explained its more the buttons whilst in the epg that I would like changing as imo apart from the Green = Timer the others serve no real day to day purposes

Ahhhhh now i get it mate

You can not beat a real remote complete with epg button lol

PVR button though ? Does that not bring up the epg ?

Last edited by a moderator:
...not sure what snp picon looks like do you have a screen shot...
They are the same as what you see on cooltv but the difference is all the work that has to be done behind the scenes...

Channels on satellite can change transponder/frequency very often and when this happens it's given another Service reference number, A service reference number looks like, "1_0_1_18F6_7FD_2_11A0000_0_0_0".

So, for example, BBC One HD changes frequency, this means that the picon for BBC One HD will not work (due to change in service reference number from changing frequency). This means Rat has to then view details of the new BBC One HD location and get it's new service reference number.

Then Rat has to find the old service reference number for the BBC one HD picon and rename it so that it matches the new service reference number for new frequency/location of BBC One HD.

Now imagine doing this with all the channels available on 28.2. Sometimes there can be a lot of channels changing transponder in a day (due to moving to a new satellite - they're several for 28.2).

The difference with SNP (Service Named Picons) is that the picon filename is named same as the channel so in my example, "bbconehd". This means that if a channel(s) change frequency 100 times in a few months it makes no difference because the channel name has stayed the same (which is normally true).

Obviously, if a channel changes name (very rare these days) then picon wont work without renaming it to match the name of new channel.

Hope that helps briefly(!!!) explain difference :)

Hi All,

Bit late, but do love some of the functions of CoolTV, over built in Graphical EPG's.

Being able to access bouquet list within the epg.
Being able to use buttons for page up/down (know I can use numeric buttons, but the 1-9 functions really confuse my family).
Being able to mimic Cooltv Guide (more screen area given to channels on screen, and get the font bigger).

There not deal breakers, but would like to keep CoolTv, but fully appreciate Rat and Snapman's time maintaining picons.

Thank Guys...

Back