do we really need more clamps ??

Why should he, if you have to pay the same has a car and you get 5 bikes in that spot all paying the same, its a rip off.
if im paying the same has some huge 4x4 to park then i'd take the whole bay, feck em bikes have to search for parking spots aswell.

You seem to be assuming bike parking bays costs the same as car parking.

I commute to and park a Motorbike in the City of London sometimes, most boroughs in London are still free parking on motorbike bays those that do charge like Westminster council are £1 a day, if you pay weekly I think it's £3.50

I don't think thats bad for Parking in London and I'm happy to pay it

Be nice to know why these have been clamped since there in a designated area, but there again time bikers had to deal with what us car drivers have to.

That's a fair enough comment but why do people always bunch bike riders into the category of bikers? Do you think that all bike riders use for transport is a bike? I drive a car 98% of the time and also ride a bike but according to the way most people see it I'm a biker and not a motorist. It's almost as annoying as when the government targets motorists. Virtually everyone, outside the big cities at least, drive cars or ride bikes to get to work and yet they are classed simply as motorists. Why?

I commute to and park a Motorbike in the City of London sometimes, most boroughs in London are still free parking on motorbike bays those that do charge like Westminster council are £1 a day, if you pay weekly I think it's £3.50

I don't think thats bad for Parking in London and I'm happy to pay it

look at the bigger picture mate , the only reason the charge is so low is because of the sustained campaign against it . otherwise you would be paying at least a fiver all over London and the rest of the uk by now , if you are happy to be paying out £100.00 a month from your pay cheque for something that used to be free......... your doing better than most..... but this would in real terms be a pay drop ..... are you really happy to be working for less money than two years ago ??

Dont get what all the fuss is ...
if ya dont want to pay. dont park it there leave it at home and get public transport... simples

Would that be the overcrowded, outdated, hot, cramped and unreliable public transport we have in London ?

I have to get a train to Uni at the moment in Centre of London, and take it from me its not a joyful experience !!! Its hot even in the winter, in the summer you just about stay concious !

mmm 120.000 extra passengers on already overcrowded bus and tube..... complete standstill and nobody going anywhere well done very good well thought out

Well there's my point. you make what choice of transport you take so pay up ...cant even believe there's ppl moaning about parking fees ....wait till they bring in pay as u drive tax .it wont mater wether u got a moped or a 18 wheeler. its all down to what mileage u do ..that will be the nxt thing .becouse the goverment no we cant survive with out cars and bikes

and by the way cars pay for parking because they congest built up areas ... it is to dissuade them .... when was the last time you saw a scooter cause major traffic congestion

mmm 120.000 extra passengers on already overcrowded bus and tube..... complete standstill and nobody going anywhere well done very good well thought out

possibly 120,000 would cause congestion now wouldnt it

well most transport in Asia is moped ,scooter and they have massive congestion

edogg

Cant see it working to be honest. Clamping a car is easy and the general public are stumped as they cant move it.
If i had a scooter/motorbike and it was clamped then whats stopping me picking it up and sticking it in the back of a transit van. I cut if off somewhere else and they lose the clamp???

why should you pay anything under the threat of violance....tv licence is one of the worst yet some people act like the little sheep they are and pay up without first finding out if you have to.....just like these private parking scum and their charges....get angry people..you do not have to pay these taxes..

If they make motor bikes pay for a space then they will take a whole space. where as at the moment you get around 3-4 bikes (maybe more) into the bike bay.

Therefore, by making motor bikes pay would it not increase the amount of spaces used? In turn causing car drivers to complain about motorbikes taking up a whole space or there not being enough?

I guess you could charge bikes less and divide up the motor bike bay. Although knowing councils they will be greedy and try to charge the same a full space.

Any way who the fook actually cares about paying for a space ffs. if ya dont like it, park where you dont have to pay, end off.

Back