Do I need to subscribe?

PeteJ

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mabe a daft question but I have an old s*y dish and I also have cable and a DM500c. If I purchased a DM500S and plugged it into my dish, would I be able to get anything. What else would I need to see most of the channels? Would I need to subscribe to the minimum suite like cable? Pete

You would get loads of channels that are free-to-air, like BBC & ITV channels, Film4, older film channels, music channels, news, and lots of low budget channels. No subscription needed for free channels. For sky channels then yes you would need a subscription.

You might want to read this popular thread if ou havent done so already- http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=36956

Regards.

OK I guess thats me told then. Sorry for being a Tw.t just had to ask. Admin may want to delete this post now then Pete

if you wanted channel 4&5 you could get a fta card for £20ish, which would work in the dm

....or go to eBay and pay silly money for one. :)

Remember all the non-sky stuff, it's far superior if u ask me.

yep nice advice Witchy2k1 :). Remember satellite receivers are made to receive satellite tv- totally superior to sky junk is also my view. If you got cable then satellite tv is a great addition/upgrade, but you'll need a different dish not the toy one lol.

Mabe a daft question but I have an old s*y dish and I also have cable and a DM500c. If I purchased a DM500S and plugged it into my dish, would I be able to get anything. What else would I need to see most of the channels? Would I need to subscribe to the minimum suite like cable? Pete

If you have the old 60cm analogue dish you will also need to change the lnb to a digital one.

Back