Do all new wii's need hdd to play backups ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

As above, everyone is informing me it is only the black ones ?

Ta

all black and red wii's cannot play dvd backups..

some white wii's also cannot play them..

I just updated to 4.3e, loaded Letterbomb and tried a copy game disc I had from a previous wii, it didn't work I presume thats why.

A mate had a 1TB external drive full of games, is it just a matter of dragging any games I want to my external HDD?

Also I have an external drive with music and photos on it, can I use this ot would it need to be a dedicated drive?

Many thanks

Theblueirish

you will need to instal a usb loader channel on the wii too, (or run the app from homebrew channel)

harddrive will need to be formatted and files put on it dending wich oader you go for.

if i were you i would use modmii to set up config usb loader on harddrive, fat32 version.

it will download everything you need and write a tut for you.. :)

Last edited:
As buzzer said, just google modmii, install and run on your PC and follow the prompts. It will do everything that you need to do.

You can backup original games (if you own) using usbloader gx to a external hdd.
Loadup usbloader gx ,,,then insert disk,,usbloader will ask to install to hdd click ok.
Its better to have usbloader gx on wii menu screen use WadManager and install forwarder wad.

Its better to have usbloader gx on wii menu screen use WadManager and install forwarder wad.

Why it that better, m8? I have it set to boot directly to USB Loader, pressing home and reset brings you back to the game selction screen cos it makes it easier for the kids; I still get random hanging in games, would using the USB Loader forwarder from the menu make that happen less often? Right pain in the arse when I havent saved Skyward Sword for half an hour and it hangs!

We dont use the Wii for the shopping Channel or Mii channel, just games, so thats best for us. Horses for courses I suppose

I dont get any hanging on games.well not yet i haven't.
only used scrubbed pal or ntsc isos,and always used usbloader gx from the main wii menu.
Ive not used your method of booting usb loader directly,sounds kinda cool for kids.
but would not no if installing forwader wad will fix your hanging probs.
my wii is on 4.3 letterbomb mod

i used to get random hanging on config usb loader.
i used to get wii remote nmot syhching as well.

it all started when i i updated to loader ffrom v60 to v65. (was a while ago lol)

i finally solved it by deleting the usb loader channel from the wii altogether ,
then using modmii to reinstal the most up to date channel and latest files for harddrive.

havnt had a poblem with it since...

I have said it before and I will say it again, just by installing letterbomb will not make any game disks run on any wii, old or new, letterbomb just allows you to install the homebrew channel and bootmii, thats it

From the homebrew channel yes you can then do things, like install a hard drive program like wiiflow and others, also install priiloader etc, and darkcorp v1.1, once thats installed then you can play games the normal way from the normal channel, so unless you even load priiloader and darkcorp you have no chance in getting a copied game to work, letterbomb is just a hack which allows the homebrew and bootmii to be installed instead of having to play games like indiana jones etc to get to the same stage.

I have said it before and I will say it again, just by installing letterbomb will not make any game disks run on any wii, old or new, letterbomb just allows you to install the homebrew channel and bootmii, thats it

From the homebrew channel yes you can then do things, like install a hard drive program like wiiflow and others, also install priiloader etc, and darkcorp v1.1, once thats installed then you can play games the normal way from the normal channel, so unless you even load priiloader and darkcorp you have no chance in getting a copied game to work, letterbomb is just a hack which allows the homebrew and bootmii to be installed instead of having to play games like indiana jones etc to get to the same stage.

yes m8 we know that

Back