DNS Server

nowuckinfurries

DW Regular
Reaction score
Just wondered what DNS Server people are using at present. Ditching my isp dns and deciding which to use.

Running pi-hole for my DNS at the moment, lots of info about it online, yes it does need hardware to run it, but as i have a plex server running on Trunas so i just stuck another drive in the machine and it runs from there on ubuntu server software, defo worth a look.

Running pi-hole for my DNS at the moment, lots of info about it online, yes it does need hardware to run it, but as i have a plex server running on Trunas so i just stuck another drive in the machine and it runs from there on ubuntu server software, defo worth a look.
Running it in ubuntu?
why not run it as a kubernetes container in truenas that is what i use to do.

yeah could run it in all sorts of ways, just the one I chose as it was new to me, and was playing with the idea of moving plex over to ubuntu server, I aint great with this sort of stuff and like playing with different ways of doing things, but yeah your right might have go just to see if I can do it.

You can run piHole on a PI, quickest and easiest way of running it.

8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Or use the Cloudflare addresses, im sure it's like 1.1.1.1 1.1.2.2 or something

As long as you are using any other than any of ISPs you will be good. Googles are pretty quick but personally I like the secure DNS's such as Cloudfare as an example.

Back