DM800SE with Twin Tuner?

Can't we add a usb tuner?

I'm hoping so as I've just bought one assuming I could. :)

I think you can add USB tuners. Havent personally tried it though.

There is rumour of a modified DM80SE clone with Combo DVB-C, DVB-T and DVB-S tuner apparently due to come out mid October "Sunray v4".

sunray-1.jpg

sunray-3.jpg

sunray-2.jpg

I hope they will sell the tuner seperately for thos of us who have already bought the box. :)

EDIT: WTF Who changed my Avatar?

Last edited:
that tuner looks pretty useless for my needs. I dont need DVB-C or DVB-T. Would be very intresting if they produced a Twin Satellite tuner though ! VU should be getting worried if that happens !

The receiver is capable of a twin satellite tuner its just a question of whether they will make one for it.

The receiver is capable of a twin satellite tuner its just a question of whether they will make one for it.

If we're talking about the 800se then that's a very bespoke tuner isn't it? i.e the box doesn't have 2 slots for tuners does it cause if it did you could in theory just buy another tuner module and plug it in.

that tuner looks pretty useless for my needs. I dont need DVB-C or DVB-T. Would be very intresting if they produced a Twin Satellite tuner though ! VU should be getting worried if that happens !

Let's hope that they make them in various configs so a dual DVB-S could be on the cards, here's hoping.

sounds very good, would defo be the best dual tuner box out there, only reason i aint updated from a dm800 pro is the dm800se is single tuner, i know its more responsive, faster, but can deal with that for now,

Two slots isn't required it can be integrated into one slot tuner.

But then that comes back to my earlier statement that it's very much a bespoke custom card that's going to provide that functionality rather then the box being designed for dual tuner right from the start.

did dream media built dual tuner card for this originally ? or is this the chinease making a great improvement :)

did dream media built dual tuner card for this originally ? or is this the chinease making a great improvement :)

Dont think Dream made a combi tuner, this is the clone manufacturers trying to make improvements. Hoe successfult it will be im not sure. Will be intresting to see if they manage to put the drivers together fro combi tuners and getting E2 images to support them properly...

Back